Hybrid View

1. #1 Police fire tear gas as Occupy Oakland marchers weave through city 
    By Matthias Gafni
    Contra Costa Times
    Posted: 01/28/2012 03:34:10 PM PST
    Updated: 01/28/2012 03:39:27 PM PST

OAKLAND -- Police have fired tear gas and flash bang grenades at Occupy Oakland protesters as they marched near the Oakland Museum of California.

As marchers walked up Oak Street near 12th Street, a line of police blocked the path and declared it an unlawful assembly. Police then fired tear gas and some protesters tweeted rubber bullets were fired into the crowd.

The marchers turned around and began marching in the opposite direction.

Occupy protesters had planned to take over a vacant building to house their headquarters and hold a two-day party. In the days leading up to today's protest, Oakland police stepped up a public relations effort to prepare for the weekly marches.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_19843262
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I was just going to post this. :D

The DUmmies are all upset...
    May the FORCE be with you!

I believe this needs to be said: Oakland is as left wing as a city can get.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Looks like the LibTard Mayor has had enough...

(CNN) -- Municipal employees in Oakland worked Sunday to clean up damage they said was caused hours earlier by Occupy protesters, "possibly 400" of whom were arrested for breaking into a YMCA and City Hall and challenging police.

Oakland Police Officer Johnna Watson said authorities were still trying to determine exactly how many people had been detained, with earlier reports putting the figure at over 100 people. She described what transpired as "one of the largest mass arrests that we have seen in the city," adding that "it would be fair to say that we're looking easily at over 300, possibly 400" arrests.

Mayor Jean Quan took reporters through City Hall on Sunday, pointing to walls where graffiti had already been painted over and other areas of garbage, vandalism and destruction that she said had been left by protesters.

I don't know what it is about this "movement", but it just fills me with anger. The sheer level of idiocy that is displayed by it just pisses me off. I'm sure most regulars here know I'm pretty tolerant of a lot of differant view points, but I'd love to just be standing in that police line with a tear gas launcher laughing as they scatter like cock roaches.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    This is what they did that night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pzI-hmAag8

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — About 300 people were arrested Saturday during a chaotic day of Occupy protests that saw demonstrators break into City Hall and burn an American flag, as police earlier fired tear gas and bean bags to disperse hundreds of people after some threw rocks and bottles and tore down fencing outside a nearby convention center.

Dozens of police officers remained on guard outside City Hall around midnight following the most turbulent day of protests since November, when Oakland police forcefully dismantled an Occupy encampment. An exasperated Mayor Jean Quan, who faced heavy criticism for the police action last fall, called on the Occupy movement to “stop using Oakland as its playground.”
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Gee I wonder why the police were firing the tear gas and arresting so many?

Occupy Oakland Protesters Chant “Kill The Police”…

(The Blaze/AP) – Police arrested hundreds of Occupy Oakland protesters last Saturday night for failing to disperse hours after officers used tear gas on over a thousand demonstrators who threw rocks and flares at them and tore down fences.

More help from other police agencies arrived on scene for the mass arrests, with busloads of Alameda County sheriff’s deputies arriving in the downtown area late Saturday night.

Police Sgt. Christopher Bolton said the arrests came after protesters marched through downtown Oakland a little before 8 p.m. Saturday, with some of them entering a YMCA building.

At different moments on the livestream video, protestors could be heard yelling “Kill the police” and “F**k the police.”
    Keep reading…

And a few of their tools of demonstration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V80K8b5sm-U
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 01-30-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Bah! Clearly planted by da eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil 1% Provocateurs!!!!!:mad:

How bad does it have to get before these situations are dealt with, with finality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    How bad does it have to get before these situations are dealt with, with finality.
    We'll see after MoonBat Spring!!! :D