1. #1 Soros: Not Much Difference Between Obama And Romney 

Soros: Not Much Difference Between Obama And Romney

Billionaire investor and philanthropist George Soros told Reuters Global Editor-at-Large Chrystia Freeland that he still supported President Barack Obama, but predicted voters would not be very enthusiastic about the 2012 elections if former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney was nominated by Republicans.

“Well, look, either you’ll have an extremist conservative, be it Gingrich or Santorum, in which case I think it will make a big difference which of the two comes in,” he said. “If it’s between Obama and Romney, there isn’t all that much difference except for the crowd that they bring with them.”

But he acknowledged that a major difference between Romney and Obama would be their potential Supreme Court nominations and their stance on taxation.

“That is the big difference, and that has led my hedge fund community to abandon Obama in favor of any Republican because they don’t like to be taxed,” Soros explained. “I personally believe that when it comes to policy, you shouldn’t be pursuing self-interest, but the public interest. And I think that the income differentials are too wide and ought to be narrowed.”

Soros has been demonized by some, most notably Lyndon LaRouche and Glenn Beck, for his liberal views and influence. He has donated millions to the Center for American Progress, MoveOn.org and the Drug Policy Alliance.

“Are you one of Lenin’s useful idiots in the view of your fellow hedge fund billionaires?” Freeland asked.

“Well, I suppose so,” he replied. “I am a traitor to my class.”

-------------------------------------------------

So George Soros thinks that if it's Romney, it's gonna be a boring election. Nobodys gonna be enthused on either side. The 0bama sides exhausted, tired, worn out. His supporters down in the dumps. Nothings happening like it was supposed to. And Romney doesn't excite the Republicans. Soros by the way, does have a big stake in how all this stuff shakes out.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    No surprise, dude's a Dem in all but name. Conservative my ass
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

I think that Soros is hedging his bet. A lot of his investors know that he's in bed with Obama, and that not having a puppet in the White House will be bad for business. This is an attempt to reassure them that they won't be under massive scrutiny by a hostile administration that might actually take a dim view of his attempts to destroy the US economy for his own gain.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    [img].......... but predicted voters would not be very enthusiastic about the 2012 elections if former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney was nominated by Republicans..........
    Most people agree. But then most people believe that barring an extraordinary event, Obama will gather about 47% of the vote, or about 50-60 million votes and maybe even a lot less than that. That may or may not be enough to win.

Total votes cast in 2000: 103 million out of 205 million eligible. 50.2%

Total votes cast in 2004: 103 million out of 205 million eligible. 50.2%

Total votes cast in 2008: 122 million out of 221 million eligible. 55.2%

Votes in 2012........maybe 110-115 million? Or maybe back down to 103.

If Republicans smell blood in the water they'll swarm.