Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 The Questions We Have For The Congress About Energy ! 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    "Why are we not allowed drill offshore for US oil, but China is drilling where we cannot?"

"Why Don't You Have the courage to pave the way for refinery construction, oil exploration and drilling"

Why is the U.N. holding conferences about rising food prices, but not spiraling oil prices that in various ways account for them?
    snip
    One would have thought the President, who was on right side of these production issues, would give a national address calling for a bipartisan effort to produce energy to get us through these hard times, or Republican senators would now be reintroducing energy legislation almost daily.
    snip
    And why are Republicans, who voted in overwhelming numbers for off-shore drilling, ANWR, nuclear, shale, tar sands, liquid coal, etc—and were opposed by Democrats on grounds of wanting to enrich energy companies—not appealing to the country to develop domestic supplies on the basis of fairness .
    snip
    But given the current conservative ineptness, $5 a gallon gas will be blamed on the war, or lack of federal subsidies to solar, or the oil companies, and not the elite agenda of utopians who were not willing to do what was necessary for the collective good to help us transition through to new fuels.
    snip
    comment:
    I have been researching ANWR lately and I’m convinced that drilling there will decrease our dependence on foreign oil long enough to enable energy companies to come up with alternative solutions.
    We must promote federal spending in motivating companies to do this. The amount of area drilled in ANWR is 1/16 th of the entire wildlife reserve. The entire reserve is not open for drilling. The government needs to open section 1002 with environmental regulations that protect as much as possible, while still allowing oil companies to extract oil.
    Not to mention the job creation that would definitely be beneficial to the people of Alaska.

http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...NiZTZjYTQ0OGQ=

One would have thought the President, who was on right side of these production issues, would give a national address calling for a bipartisan effort to produce energy to get us through these hard times, or Republican senators would now be reintroducing energy legislation almost daily.

In-as-much as he never really had too much luck with anything in the petroleum field, it might be better if he avoided these kind of exchanges.;)

As an oilman, Bush always worked hard, winning a reputation as a straight-shooter and a good boss who was witty, warm and immensely likable. Even the investors who lost money in his ventures remained admirers, and some of them are now raising money for his presidential campaign.

But the story of Bush's career in oil, which began following his graduation from Harvard Business School in the summer of 1975 and ended when he sold out to Harken and headed for Washington, is mostly about his failure to succeed, despite the sterling connections his lineage and Ivy League education brought him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...bush073099.htm
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post

In-as-much as he never really had too much luck with anything in the petroleum field, it might be better if he avoided these kind of exchanges.;)

As an oilman, Bush always worked hard, winning a reputation as a straight-shooter and a good boss who was witty, warm and immensely likable. Even the investors who lost money in his ventures remained admirers, and some of them are now raising money for his presidential campaign.

But the story of Bush's career in oil, which began following his graduation from Harvard Business School in the summer of 1975 and ended when he sold out to Harken and headed for Washington, is mostly about his failure to succeed, despite the sterling connections his lineage and Ivy League education brought him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...bush073099.htm
    Not too bad for Failed business man .How are you doing in the wealth department,Trixie ?

Bushes' Assets May Top $20 Million.
    President Bush and his wife, Laura, had assets valued between $7.2 million and $20.9 million last year, up from as much as $18.1 million a year earlier, annual disclosure forms released last night showed.

Bush, who says his economic policies have helped Americans increase their wealth, is still making up ground from the start of his first term in 2001, when he and his wife reported assets of as much as $24 million.

Most of the Bushes' wealth was in real estate and a diversified trust, which combined were worth as much as $10 million, the 18-page statement showed. Much of the rest of their holdings were U.S. Treasury notes and certificates of deposit.

The 1,583-acre Bush ranch near Crawford, Tex., was estimated to be worth between $1 million and $5 million, the same range given in last year's filing. Bush also disclosed a health savings account worth as much as $15,000 and a 401(k) retirement plan from his days as Texas governor valued at as much as $250,000.

Bush, 59, reported receiving gifts including a $400 pair of binoculars from Cheney and his wife, Lynne; an Apple Computer Inc. iPod music player and a book titled "The Message: The Bible in Contemporary Language," written by Eugene H. Peterson, from U2 lead singer Bono; and a chain saw, with accessories, from Home Depot Inc. President Robert Nardelli.

Bush paid $187,768 in taxes on taxable income last year of $618,694, according to returns the White House released April 14. The president's salary last year was $400,000.

Bush made his fortune as part owner of the Texas Rangers major league baseball team. His initial investment of $530,000 in 1989 soared to almost $15 million when he sold his share of the team to venture capitalist Tom Hicks in 1998.

snip

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...501638_pf.html

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    [SIZE="2"]Not too bad for Failed business man .How are you doing in the wealth department,Trixie ?
    Yes - we all know Daddy’s cronies have done quite well and they’ve sent their appreciation down the shoot to Crawford. In my own case - I’m able to enjoy a 64’ AC Cobra with 675 hp that gets 4-8mpg on $7.63 av-gas on the weekends. How does that compare with your lot, Bosco?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Yes - we all know Daddy’s cronies have done quite well and they’ve sent their appreciation down the shoot to Crawford. In my own case - I’m able to enjoy a 64’ AC Cobra with 675 hp that gets 4-8mpg on $7.63 av-gas on the weekends. How does that compare with your lot, Bosco?
    Are you that potbellied bald guy I see on the freeway all the time,the one with the big dice hanging from the mirror and those cool rhinestone sunglasses ?

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Are you that potbellied bald guy I see on the freeway all the time,the one with the big dice hanging from the mirror and those cool rhinestone sunglasses ?
    Well no (Buaaaahhhhhaaaa) :D, but you'll see my baby in the background at about 1.21/1.23 of this clip:

Donut Derelicts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iDcL5IUrXE

Well no (Buaaaahhhhhaaaa) :D, but you'll see my baby in the background at about 1.21/1.23 of this clip:

Donut Derelicts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iDcL5IUrXE

So how offen do you get down to the Goodwill parking lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    So how offen do you get down to the Goodwill parking lot?
    Most every Saturday.

Banned
    I would love to have that car but am going to let you in on a little secret. The kool-aid state you live in is considering imposing heavy fines/and or lic. fees on gas guzzlers. You might have to move out of CA with those thousands of dollars that will be imposed on your type of vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I would love to have that car but am going to let you in on a little secret. The kool-aid state you live in is considering imposing heavy fines/and or lic. fees on gas guzzlers. You might have to move out of CA with those thousands of dollars that will be imposed on your type of vehicle.
    I'm in California, too. What cars are affected?