Thread: Occupiers deface US flag

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    This is a suicidal move in the public relations department, Unless a group has the actual power to overthrow a government and replace it's flag burning it will only mean the demise of what ever group tries this means of protest, it doesn't matter what country it is done in.
    It would be suicidal if it got out, but what media outlets are giving this the attention that it deserves? When an obscure pastor in FL planned to burn a Qur'an, it was national news, and even Obama weighed in. This hasn't gotten nearly the coverage.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    It would be suicidal if it got out, but what media outlets are giving this the attention that it deserves? When an obscure pastor in FL planned to burn a Qur'an, it was national news, and even Obama weighed in. This hasn't gotten nearly the coverage.
    We need to try to keep it at the front. They keep trying this crap about infiltrators but no one other than someone with the brain of a small child believes that.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I spread it on facebook. That seems to be the easiest way to get stuff out there these days.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I wish them well. Recreate '68, as they often say. The intelligence of the occupiers was well exhibited by burning the flag inside city hall, which was at least as intelligent as the last occupy group that was burning flag inside a tent.

So far, this isn't getting the press it deserves. The protests need to be bigger, louder and way more violent. Keeping it quiet won't get obambam tossed out.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I spread it on facebook. That seems to be the easiest way to get stuff out there these days.
    The local station in Philly covered it. The didn't show the flag burning part but they had footage of the idiots rioting like the animals they are. And they mentioned the animals caused $2 million in damage.

It was a good report considering I don't give a shit about Oakland. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Some"one", singular, put "his" singular rendition of the Pledge on You Tube.

If you think I can't find a similar individual at a Tea Party rally, then you are indeed delusional.
    You are such a child.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Even though both are equal when it comes to the argument about free speech.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Fabulous Poster
    Are you going to riot in the street and set shit on fire due to this? Of course not. The jackass burning the Koran (which I actually found amusing, but he is a jackass anyway) was trying to incite violence. Now granted, he's not resposible for how the muzzies respond to what he does, but then these jackasses in Oakland aren't responsible for how you respond to what they do.

I don't know why you are fascinated with these people. These are in all likelihood the exact same people who demonstrate and annoy every single Sunday of every year at the San Francisco Civic Center. The only remarkable aspect of this Oakland thing is that the ghetto isn't pretending to participate and then preying on these people.

Are you going to riot in the street and set shit on fire due to this? Of course not. The jackass burning the Koran (which I actually found amusing, but he is a jackass anyway) was trying to incite violence. Now granted, he's not resposible for how the muzzies respond to what he does, but then these jackasses in Oakland aren't responsible for how you respond to what they do.
    So, you're saying that I should riot and set stuff on fire to register my objection to conduct that I find hateful so that the media and our elites will kowtow to me the way that they do to Muslims? Thanks for making part of my point. The fact is, the pastor wasn't inciting violence. The Muslims need no excuse, as they'll happily fabricate incidents if they can't find something. The best examples of this are the trumped up blasphemy charges against non-Muslims that come out whenever a Muslim is feeling envious or wants to put someone in their place, although the Danish cartoon riots were pretty impressive evidence, especially since the imams who ginned up the riots added their own cartoons to the mix in order to make them even more offensive to the tender sensitivities of the al Qaeda and Taliban wannabes who killed hundreds of people in response. The pastor was calling attention to the violent nature of Islam, and the results validated his argument.

My point is that there are no consequences for these guys. They commit a hateful public act and walk away without a care in the world. They publicly insult and renounce America and then continue to live here and suck down benefits.

I don't know why you are fascinated with these people. These are in all likelihood the exact same people who demonstrate and annoy every single Sunday of every year at the San Francisco Civic Center. The only remarkable aspect of this Oakland thing is that the ghetto isn't pretending to participate and then preying on these people.
    Not so much fascinated as disgusted. Guys like me put our lives on hold, and often put them at risk, to protect these idiots, and they turn around and insult our nation. And the reason that they are more significant than the posers who spend their Sundays in the hood is that they have the word "Occupy" in front of their name, which makes them part of a mass movement that has been embraced by all sorts of folks in positions of authority who ought to know better. The Oakland group is vile, but they're part and parcel of Occupy Wall Street, and their conduct reflects on the entire movement, especially since the leadership never repudiates any of their extreme actions.

They are the face of the left in America, and I want to make sure that everybody sees it, especially before the next election.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    They are the face of the left in America ......
    I don't think that they are, I think that they are the face that you like to put on the left because you think it works for you.

I play Trivia with "the left" on Wednesdays. They aren't anarchist idiots out there spewing about the evils of capitalism, the fed, jews, and the general injustices of the world. They are neo-quakers, school teachers, a handyman at a senior residence, an antique dealer, a retired director from Nav Air, an accountant at a major Christian organization and his son the aspiring (but unlikely) entertainment lawyer. These people will never vote Republican (except the lawyer son who is a Ronulan), they will go stand on the corner of US 19 and 22 with Stop The War signs, but they will not burn the American flag or hang out in Oakland.