Thread: 'Diplomatic pouch' with 16kg of cocaine seized at UN's New York HQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 'Diplomatic pouch' with 16kg of cocaine seized at UN's New York HQ 
    A shipment of 16 kilos of cocaine - with a street value of $2million (1.3million) - which was crudely mocked up to look like a diplomatic pouch has been seized at the United Nations' mail centre.

The white bag raised suspicions when it was being scanned at the New York building because it was stamped with what looked like a poorly concocted version of the UN logo.

The UN has insisted the arrival of the bag was a 'mistake' and that someone in Mexico, from where it said the bag was sent, would be 'in big trouble'.

But online conspiracy theorists have claimed there is a cover-up - saying that the bag was in fact intended for a UN employee as part of an elaborate drug-smuggling scam.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1kgQZBD4s

Mexican coke.

Yes, people randomly ship $2 million worth of cocaine all the time.

Funny how even when they get caught red-handed it's a "conspiracy theory".

Fabulous Poster
    I had an acquaintance in high school whose father was a diplomat. Geoff would bring back hash in his suitcase from Holland effortlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I had an acquaintance in high school whose father was a diplomat. Geoff would bring back hash in his suitcase from Holland effortlessly.
    I know an applications engineer who hid some hash in his shoe and got it back to England (he was living there at the time) less than two weeks before 9/11.

I was sweating bullets because I was afraid there might be dogs or something. Since it is Amsterdam, I just assumed that they would automatically be looking for anyone trying to smuggle out small amounts of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    I know an applications engineer who hid some hash in his shoe and got it back to England (he was living there at the time) less than two weeks before 9/11.

I was sweating bullets because I was afraid there might be dogs or something. Since it is Amsterdam, I just assumed that they would automatically be looking for anyone trying to smuggle out small amounts of anything.
    You were sweating bullets? This applications engineer wouldn't post under the name Tecate, would he?

The UN really needs to get out of NYC. It takes up valuable real estate, costs the city a fortune in terms of security and has a huge scofflaw problem. And, of course, it's a corrupt cesspool to boot.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You were sweating bullets? This applications engineer wouldn't post under the name Tecate, would he?
    It was my first trip across the Atlantic and I was staying at his flat in England, so yeah I would have been pretty screwed if he got popped. No, I am not the applications engineer in question, but he is a friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    It was my first trip across the Atlantic and I was staying at his flat in England, so yeah I would have been pretty screwed if he got popped. No, I am not the applications engineer in question, but he is a friend of mine.
    Ah....

Getting back to the OP, the time when the UN was of any value is long past. Nowadays, it's a collection of surplus functionaries from countries where endemic corruption is par for the course, whose primary purpose is to live in NYC on the taxpayers' dime, and nothing that goes on there should surprise anyone. Between the Oil-For-Food-For Graft scandal, the Peacekeepers who can't be bothered to actually keep the peace between rapes of refugees and pro-forma denunciations of those countries that don't share their sleazy worldview, it's a wonder that they have time to even pretend to do anything productive. The sooner that we are rid of that nest of vipers, the better off the world will be.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Ah....

Getting back to the OP, the time when the UN was of any value is long past. Nowadays, it's a collection of surplus functionaries from countries where endemic corruption is par for the course, whose primary purpose is to live in NYC on the taxpayers' dime, and nothing that goes on there should surprise anyone. Between the Oil-For-Food-For Graft scandal, the Peacekeepers who can't be bothered to actually keep the peace between rapes of refugees and pro-forma denunciations of those countries that don't share their sleazy worldview, it's a wonder that they have time to even pretend to do anything productive. The sooner that we are rid of that nest of vipers, the better off the world will be.
    16 kilos is a lot, it makes you wonder how much of the building is using and also explains why they make some of the decisions they do.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    16 kilos is a lot, it makes you wonder how much of the building is using and also explains why they make some of the decisions they do.
    I wonder if they play backgammon.