Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Senator John Kerry Meets With Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood in Cairo 
    Published December 10, 2011

Associated Press
    CAIRO Sen. John Kerry has met in Cairo with members of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood, the Islamist group that's set to dominate the new parliament.

In a statement, the Muslim Brotherhood says three of its top officials attended the meeting with the Massachusetts Democrat, who was accompanied by U.S. Ambassador Anne Patterson.

Brotherhood officials vowed to respect civil rights and international treaties that have been signed in the past. That assurance could be an attempt to calm fears that the group may try to re-examine Egypt's peace treaty with Israel.

The group says Kerry told the Brotherhood's members that he's not surprised by their success in parliamentary elections.

The elections were the first since President Hosni Mubarak was ousted.

Kerry, who is also chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, was among the first U.S. politicians to call on Mubarak to step down earlier this year.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1kxYqwXZz
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Back when he was on active duty, but had left Vietnam, Kerry met, illegally, with the North Vietnamese delegation to the Paris Peace Talks, in the company of a group of antiwar activists. I guess that whenever a radically anti-American, anti-western organization is working to overthrow a US ally, we can count on John Kerry to show up and support them.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Published December 10, 2011

Associated Press
    CAIRO Sen. John Kerry has met in Cairo with members of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood, the Islamist group that's set to dominate the new parliament.

In a statement, the Muslim Brotherhood says three of its top officials attended the meeting with the Massachusetts Democrat, who was accompanied by U.S. Ambassador Anne Patterson.

Brotherhood officials vowed to respect civil rights and international treaties that have been signed in the past. That assurance could be an attempt to calm fears that the group may try to re-examine Egypt's peace treaty with Israel.

The group says Kerry told the Brotherhood's members that he's not surprised by their success in parliamentary elections.

The elections were the first since President Hosni Mubarak was ousted.

Kerry, who is also chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, was among the first U.S. politicians to call on Mubarak to step down earlier this year.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1kxYqwXZz
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Back when he was on active duty, but had left Vietnam, Kerry met, illegally, with the North Vietnamese delegation to the Paris Peace Talks, in the company of a group of antiwar activists. I guess that whenever a radically anti-American, anti-western organization is working to overthrow a US ally, we can count on John Kerry to show up and support them.
    Yeah, we should just pretend Egypt doesn't exist.

I'm not happy that the Muslim Brotherhood are running things in Eygpt. I do think that perhaps there were legitimate reasons to meet up with them. They're claiming they'll respect the civil rights of those in Egypt. It's important to see if they'll go through with that.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I'm not happy that the Muslim Brotherhood are running things in Eygpt. I do think that perhaps there were legitimate reasons to meet up with them. They're claiming they'll respect the civil rights of those in Egypt. It's important to see if they'll go through with that.
    Don't be ridiculous, Lanie, diplomats aren't supposed to practice diplomacy, they are supposed to stamp their feet, close their eyes, and yell "I can't see you!"

Well at least he's consistent in his desire to befriend our enemies.

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Don't be ridiculous, Lanie, diplomats aren't supposed to practice diplomacy, they are supposed to stamp their feet, close their eyes, and yell "I can't see you!"
    This is just a jumping off point for some Kerry bashing. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    You tell him fanboy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Don't be silly. I don't need a jumping off point.:D

I don't really care who runs Egypt. And if John Kerry cares, let him.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Don't be silly. I don't need a jumping off point.:D

I don't really care who runs Egypt. And if John Kerry cares, let him.
    Being the Chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, I imagine if he doesn't care, he should at least fake it.