Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67
  1. #21  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Shove it up your ass Nova...

    Debbie's a big girl. Big enough to spread her legs, then she's big enough to deal with the aftermath of that decision. Just like you are Princess...
    Here's the equality of the thing. A woman can have an abortion even if the father wants the kid, however, if the woman has the kid, the father must be financially responsible for said child even if he wants nothing to do with said child. Nova, of course, sees no issue with this.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Once again, if we treat abortion the way that we treat all other surgeries, then informed consent ought to be the standard. It's not harassment to tell someone that they might die if they have an epidural during childbirth, but it is harassment to show a woman who is considering an abortion the factual information about the development of the fetus? What planet does that make sense on?
    These attempts to end run Roe have nothing to do with informed consent.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Here's the equality of the thing. A woman can have an abortion even if the father wants the kid, however, if the woman has the kid, the father must be financially responsible for said child even if he wants nothing to do with said child. Nova, of course, sees no issue with this.
    Nova actually considers that to be grossly unfair, but some things in life are grossly unfair. You can't deny a woman an abortion prior to viability. These latest efforts at that are actually aiming at conception. BTW, in some Muslim countries they consider oral sex to be infanticide because "it kills half a baby".
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    These attempts to end run Roe have nothing to do with informed consent.
    Oh, please. They have everything to do with informed consent. Planned Parenthood and other abortion mills do everything in their power to obfuscate and distort the information given to the patient about fetal development. They refer to the fetus in derisive terms, such as calling it a cluster of cells, or a smear of protoplasm, and act as if removing it is inconsequential. But, significant percentages of women report serious regrets about their abortions, and are particularly angry about how little information they had going in, This law protects them by ensuring that the information presented is factual. There is no misrepresentation about the development of the fetus at the point when the abortion is going to be performed, and they can make an informed decision. Why do you object to that? Why are you afraid that they will choose to have their babies rather than flush them?

    A person cannot have a tumor removed without hearing the details about the size, rate of growth and nature of the tumor, as well as literally every possible thing that can go wrong, prior to surgery. Do you believe that a fetus is of less consideration than a tumor?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    ........ It's not harassment to tell someone that they might die if they have an epidural during childbirth, but it is harassment to show a woman who is considering an abortion the factual information about the development of the fetus? What planet does that make sense on?
    I have had several epidurals and have not been warned once of it possibly being fatal. Perhaps that was because the epidural wasn't optional in my case. It was however gross- the "sound" or sensation it makes when the doctor hits the spot is what I call "chicken bones".

    The ultrasound is not medically necessary. You can inform a woman of the gestational stage based entirely on her pregnancy date.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Oh, please. They have everything to do with informed consent. Planned Parenthood and other abortion mills do everything in their power to obfuscate and distort the information given to the patient about fetal development. They refer to the fetus in derisive terms,
    Derisive terms? You mean like "nasty little POS"? I don't think so. I think you mean "scientific terms" or "medical terms".

    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    But, significant percentages of women report serious regrets about their abortions, .......
    Significant women regret having married some jackass, but the law doesn't require they be warned not to marry a guy who looks studly but has no prospects or breeding.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Why do you object to that? Why are you afraid that they will choose to have their babies rather than flush them?
    Which other therapy has its own law requiring "informed consent" in a specific way and a way specific to the therapy?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    A person cannot have a tumor removed without hearing the details about the size, rate of growth and nature of the tumor, as well as literally every possible thing that can go wrong, prior to surgery. Do you believe that a fetus is of less consideration than a tumor?
    I have had a tumor removed. The doctor told me what he planned to do and how long it would take to recover. He actually didn't warn me about all possible side effects, including that my leg might go necrotic and require numerous surgeries, but he did warn me that I might lose my leg. He didn't try to discourage me from having the surgery.

    What you want is an effort to discourage these women from having abortions. They have a right to have an abortion prior to viability. It's not conditional on making them feel like shit for making that decision.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I have had a tumor removed. The doctor told me what he planned to do and how long it would take to recover. He actually didn't warn me about all possible side effects, including that my leg might go necrotic and require numerous surgeries, but he did warn me that I might lose my leg. He didn't try to discourage me from having the surgery.

    What you want is an effort to discourage these women from having abortions. They have a right to have an abortion prior to viability. It's not conditional on making them feel like shit for making that decision.
    Tumor? just when I thought my opinion of you could not get lower.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Tumor? just when I thought my opinion of you could not get lower.
    I didn't liken abortion to a tumor, Ody did.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •