Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Huxley understood humans much better than Orwell.
    I don't know that I agree with that. 1984 described a fairly common type of state, the totalitarian oligarchy, which was beginning to use technology as a means to entrap and enslave its population. Huxley viewed a state that used pleasure to numb its citizens. Both models existes, although Orwell's totalitarian example was more common. Orwell was describing the communist states under Stalin, Mao and the like, while Huxley was describing decaying states as they devolved into decadence, like Rome or the Persian Empire. Voluptuarian states are rarer than totalitarian states, but they have existed.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

The ultrasound is not medically necessary. You can inform a woman of the gestational stage based entirely on her pregnancy date.

You are such a moron. Most women have biophysical profiles when they're pregnant to determine everything from gestational age, deformities and overall health. Stage two ultrasounds go into even more detail and they correlate the results with blood tests. Why is a homosexual who knows nothing about child birth and the unborn so adamant about killing them?

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I have a different view of the issue. Consent of the mother does not change whether or not the individual in the womb is a human being.

I have to agree with you there. The individual is still a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    You are such a moron. Most women have biophysical profiles when they're pregnant to determine everything from gestational age, deformities and overall health. Stage two ultrasounds go into even more detail and they correlate the results with blood tests. Why is a homosexual who knows nothing about child birth and the unborn so adamant about killing them?
    His lifestyle makes him incapable of creating life so his jealousy demands it be destroyed.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I don't know that I agree with that. 1984 described a fairly common type of state, the totalitarian oligarchy, which was beginning to use technology as a means to entrap and enslave its population. Huxley viewed a state that used pleasure to numb its citizens. Both models existes, although Orwell's totalitarian example was more common. Orwell was describing the communist states under Stalin, Mao and the like, while Huxley was describing decaying states as they devolved into decadence, like Rome or the Persian Empire. Voluptuarian states are rarer than totalitarian states, but they have existed.
    I will get back to you after I watch the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I have to agree with you there. The individual is still a human being.
    Now, now, you know that to a committed baby murdering liberal, that "cluster of cells" inside the uterus, if not scrambled like eggs, stands a chance of growing into a SUV. There is no reason to tolerate nor to expect it to terminate in the birth of a HUMAN child.;)
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    His lifestyle makes him incapable of creating life so his jealousy demands it be destroyed.
    Aw come on! He's still moist over the possibility that rectal exams will become the law of the land.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand