Thread: WI recall petition signers threatened with violence.

1. #1 WI recall petition signers threatened with violence. 
    link

RandySF (3,501 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

WI recall petition signers threatened with violence.

Last edited Mon Jan 30, 2012, 10:37 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    "The Facebook page I Will Be Getting Your Info Off the Recall Petition is reminiscent of the testosterone laced adolescent circle jerks behind Operation Burn Notice.

We are shown a burning house, and we are told that they know where we live, and that there will be retaliation at both the home front and the job site.

While we can roll our eyes at the incendiary fantasies of adolescent asshats, the GAB has indeed put us into a new territory. It would be very difficult to go through more than a hundred thousand pages to find your co-worker or neighbor's signature. It is very easy once a database is created. Witness a nasty convergence of conditions: 1) a highly polarized political climate in which the rightwing supporters of Walker have been systematically encouraged to act out aggressions and hostility, 2) the capacity through online communities for crowd sourcing tedious and overwhelming tasks, and 3) endless search-ability of various data-bases that will never disappear!

I've gotten so used to rightwing zombie spew that I am not surprised by any level of ugliness. Just two weekends ago, I was walking to my car, minding my own business after our little counter-rally to the Support Walker event in Wauwatosa, hometown of Walker and a near suburb of Milwaukee. I live a few blocks from the park where it was held."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...e!?via=siderec
    First of all I don't condone violence in any way related to this. However.........

I do have to laugh. First of all the threats of violence weren't nearly like they claimed. Big surprise, huh? After all they are liberals. They evidently got it taken down from facebook, but there were some screen shots on Kos.

What's funny is that I don't remember seeing ANY outrage from DU when leftist gays and those that support them were getting supporters of prop 8 fired from their jobs and were threatening (physically) those that gave money for it.

One of the posts on Facebook was that now that it was known who signed the petitions they could go about getting them fired.

gopiscrap (703 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    1. Scott Walker needs to be held

personally responsible for every act of physical or economic violence!
    Sure. Just so it's the same level of responsibility liberal pols had in the violence over Prop 8 in California.

Star Member undeterred (30,995 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    2. There was a news story tonight about women who have been victims

of domestic violence and have moved away from their former spouses- who have signed the recall petition. Now they are afraid of that being published online and their location will no longer be secret. Steps are being taken to keep their addresses offline.

I hope that there aren't too many bad things that come from this.
    Star Member southernyankeebelle (3,563 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    3. Well can it get any worse? We haven't seen nothing yet. If Obama wins reelection I think the right

wing will go nuts and there will be riots in the street.
    Hopefully this will be the end of the teabaggers and the republican party can get back to at least talking civilly. We all can hope.
    mindwalker_i (903 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    4. Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent

Violence may be needed in some situations, such as revolutions by the powerless, but this isn't one of those situations.
    In other words, when WE do it, it's OK.
    tsuki (11,264 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    5. One of the reason's that they believe this type of

behavior is okay is because journalists on the US networks have been replaced with adolescent goons who yell and scream 24/7 advocating violence.

O'Reilly's infamous Tiller the Baby Killer is the first thing that comes to my mind when I read posts like this.
    Star Member Initech (29,897 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    6. The FEC should investigate the fuckers for election tampering.

Did they think the petition would be a secret? This tells a lot about the intelligence of the signers. I hope every name is published in the newspaper or facebook or bathroom walls all over the state.
    Last edited by obx; 01-31-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    I think the fear is more on their side that there may not be enough valid sigs. to support a recall. The judge ordered each one be verified and any questionable tossed. And there was a pro walker rally 100 times bigger then they expected. The anti walker group is not looking at a win against walker.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I think the fear is more on their side that there may not be enough valid sigs. to support a recall. The judge ordered each one be verified and any questionable tossed. And there was a pro walker rally 100 times bigger then they expected. The anti walker group is not looking at a win against walker.
    I would love nothing better then to see the recall go down in flames. Didnt the Gov balance the budget? If so why would they come after him?

The WI GAB has posted the state Senate recall petitions here:
    http://webapps.wi.gov/sites/recall/default.aspx

Extra goodness.
    http://mediatrackers.org/2012/01/bee...call-protocol/
    This is about "pink dress guy" a semi-well know Madison protester/douche-bag who is involved in the recall petition. He may have all the petitions he had people sign tossed out because he neglected to fill the form out properly. Just as a DUmmie would, he is claiming to be a victim of the VRWC and the Koch Bros.

You mean Mickey Mouse, ET, and Adolf Hitler are in mortal danger?!?

:eek:

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    these morons have no room to talk, not after all the threats on not only Walker's life, but Assembly and Senate Republican's that STILL have not been looked into by WI's AG.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Their disconnect from reality is nothing short of amazing. They condone all of this stuff when it's against someone they don't agree with.