Thread: Black bean croquettes with salsa
#1 Black bean croquettes with salsa02-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Black Bean Croquettes With Fresh Salsa
Quick Info: Servings
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 405, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 438mg, Dietary Fiber: 16g, Total Fat: 12g, Carbs: 61g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Protein: 16g
Carb Choices: 3
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 dash(es) cooking spray
- 30 ounce(s) beans, black
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 cup(s) corn, whole kernel frozen
- 1/4 cup(s) bread crumbs, fine, dry
- 1/3 cup(s) bread crumbs, fine, dry
- 2 cup(s) tomato(es)
- 2 medium scallion(s) (green onions)
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil, olive, extra virgin
- 1 medium avocado
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Mash black beans and cumin with a fork in a large bowl until no whole beans remain. Stir in corn and 1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
3. Combine tomatoes, scallions, cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and salt in a medium bowl. Stir 1 cup of the tomato mixture into the black bean mixture.
4. Mix the remaining 1/3 cup breadcrumbs, oil and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon chili powder in a small bowl until the breadcrumbs are coated with oil. Divide the bean mixture into 8 scant 1/2-cup balls. Lightly press each bean ball into the breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake the croquettes until heated through and the breadcrumbs are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Stir avocado into the remaining tomato mixture. Serve the salsa with the croquettes.
" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
Crocodiles are easy. They try to kill & eat you. People are harder. Sometimes they pretend to be your friend first.” Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|