Thread: Oh, SURE. George W. and Jeb get along GREAT now. When they were kids it was a differe

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I just wanted to make sure there was equal outrage whether is was GW or Barry.
    No. It would not be equal.

1. Part of the reason the monkey/George W. Bush jokes exist is because his name is George. Like in Curious George, the children's books. One of the others is some of his personal mannerisms that those who like him find endearing and those who hate him mock.

2. I don't think I need to explain why it is racist to call a black person a monkey and it's not racist to call a white person one. AD's explaination about lawn jockeys should be sufficient, but feigned cluelessness about racism seems to be popular among some white people, so I will be blunt. As a white person, other white people seem to think it's okay to make racist statements to me (which they always find out is a big mistake). "Porch monkeys" is the term I've heard used to describe black people sitting on their front porches, and "monkeys" was used by many of my racist relatives to describe black people in general. Context is everything, and there is a historical context to associating monkeys with african americans in a derogatory manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    No. It would not be equal.
    We all have our flaws, yours are just more apparent.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    1. Part of the reason the monkey/George W. Bush jokes exist is because his name is George. Like in Curious George, the children's books. One of the others is some of his personal mannerisms that those who like him find endearing and those who hate him mock.

2. I don't think I need to explain why it is racist to call a black person a monkey and it's not racist to call a white person one. AD's explaination about lawn jockeys should be sufficient, but feigned cluelessness about racism seems to be popular among some white people, so I will be blunt. As a white person, other white people seem to think it's okay to make racist statements to me (which they always find out is a big mistake). "Porch monkeys" is the term I've heard used to describe black people sitting on their front porches, and "monkeys" was used by many of my racist relatives to describe black people in general. Context is everything, and there is a historical context to associating monkeys with african americans in a derogatory manner.
    It is an odd game, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

Actually, I think you do.

The Left's claim is that they were just pointing out how stupid W is/was when they used monkeys to describe W. I personally think that Obama is dumb as a fucking signpost. So if I use a monkey to describe Obama, particularly his more than obvious stupidity, then why is it somehow racist?

The only possible answer is that the Left is, as usual, engaging in double standards. This particular one is just especially funny because they utterly and completely did it to themselves, and now they don't like it.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Actually, I think you do.

The Left's claim is that they were just pointing out how stupid W is/was when they used monkeys to describe W. I personally think that Obama is dumb as a fucking signpost. So if I use a monkey to describe Obama, particularly his more than obvious stupidity, then why is it somehow racist?

The only possible answer is that the Left is, as usual, engaging in double standards. This particular one is just especially funny because they utterly and completely did it to themselves, and now they don't like it.
    "You really sussed it out there, Sherlock. Bush isn't black."

~ Norm

~ Norm
    So, it's a double-standard, then. Well, thank you for admitting the Left's inherent racism.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    So, it's a double-standard, then. Well, thank you for admitting the Left's inherent racism.
    I guess you haven't sussed it out after all.

W was somewhat awkward looking at times.... it was humorous.

But personally, I cannot stomach looking at that cardboard creep in the Whitehouse we have now.
    Every time I see his image or hear his voice a feel a deep disgust.

~ Norm
    I will only refer to the half white part of the Monkey In Chief then------------Better?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand