Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I guess you haven't sussed it out after all.
    It seems pretty clear that I have. The Left is caught up in their inherent racism and they don't like that they've been caught.

Surprise, surprise.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Nobody loves the W more than I do.
    But I have to admit that I giggle every time I see those pictures of him side by side with the monkey.
    One of the differences between us and the libtarded is a sense of humor. We can laugh at parody, they can't.
    I can laugh at a parody if the person doing it does it right. They have to do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    1. Part of the reason the monkey/George W. Bush jokes exist is because his name is George. Like in Curious George, the children's books. One of the others is some of his personal mannerisms that those who like him find endearing and those who hate him mock.

2. I don't think I need to explain why it is racist to call a black person a monkey and it's not racist to call a white person one. AD's explaination about lawn jockeys should be sufficient, but feigned cluelessness about racism seems to be popular among some white people, so I will be blunt. As a white person, other white people seem to think it's okay to make racist statements to me (which they always find out is a big mistake). "Porch monkeys" is the term I've heard used to describe black people sitting on their front porches, and "monkeys" was used by many of my racist relatives to describe black people in general. Context is everything, and there is a historical context to associating monkeys with african americans in a derogatory manner.
    Exactly.

If white people had a history of being called porch monkeys, then the Bush pictures would be racism. However, white people don't have a history for that, so it's not racism. It's just being a jerk.

Now, if you ever find a box of crackers with a white politician's name on them, get back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Exactly.

If white people had a history of being called porch monkeys, then the Bush pictures would be racism. However, white people don't have a history for that, so it's not racism. It's just being a jerk.

Now, if you ever find a box of crackers with a white politician's name on them, get back to me.
    Ah. So we are right back to the Leftist double-standard. Pictures comparing Bush to a monkey can be in any context: humorous, he's stupid, he's "not curious," he's "Curious George," etc. Pictures comparing Obama to a monkey can only be in the context of racism. It's utterly impossible that anyone could think that Obama is stupid without being a racist.

Nice double-standard.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Fabulous Poster
    About the same reaction as you would get from me if you called the president a lawn jockey.
    Well, don't get too self righteous. A lawn jockey has a legitimate purpose, ie a hitching post. President Obama, not so much.

No. It would not be equal.
    Of course not fanboy.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    If W can be referred to relentlessly as a chimp,
    then I see no reason at all that Barry can't also be.
    To not say the same of Barry would be descriminatory.
    Because we don't have a national history of treating blue blooded Episcopalians as being subhuman primates, or likening them to apes as a group. There is your reason.

Your "logic" is like saying that they called Laura Bush "pickles" so you see no reason why they can't call Michelle "watermelon" , after all, they are both vegetables.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Ah. So we are right back to the Leftist double-standard. Pictures comparing Bush to a monkey can be in any context: humorous, he's stupid, he's "not curious," he's "Curious George," etc. Pictures comparing Obama to a monkey can only be in the context of racism. It's utterly impossible that anyone could think that Obama is stupid without being a racist.

Nice double-standard.
    Some things simply are the way they are. Call a man a "dick" and no one cares. Call a woman a "cword" and it's a bannable offense, even on this BBS and yours if I am not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post

Nice double-standard.
    Amazing how a Lib turns into a contorsionist to defend THEIR racism and why it's justified while claiming Republicans are the REAL racists?

Reminds of of that time in Maryland when people in the crowd at a rally for a black man running for the Senate tossed Oreo cookies at him.

Oh...wait....

Or that conservative editorial cartoonist that drew the cartoon of Condi Rice labelling a "House Nigga".

Oh...yeah...that's right...

Wait I got it...remember when that Conservative entertainer called Colin Powell a "house negro"...

Whoops...
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    "Porch monkeys" is the term I've heard used to describe black people sitting on their front porches,
    Traditionally, "porch monkey" is only a reference to black children too young to work on the farm. Children are naturally likened to monkeys, because they crawl around, squeal, and cling to their mothers like juvenile apes. Just thought I would clear that up.