Thread: Planned Parenthood and DU Valentine Hearts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Planned Parenthood and DU Valentine Hearts 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Oh brother...

Wed Feb 1, 2012, 10:39 AM
    Skinner (54,853 posts)

Planned Parenthood and DU Valentine Hearts

Last edited Wed Feb 1, 2012, 10:40 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    I'm sure by now you have all heard that Susan G. Komen for the Cure has completely cut its support for Planned Parenthood, only a few months after a new anti-abortion vice president joined the organization. Sadly, this is only the latest attack against Planned Parenthood, an extremely important organization that has been at the forefront of the fight for Reproductive Rights.

You also probably remember that last year the DU Admins announced that we would no longer be doing quarterly fund drives for Democratic Underground.

With no quarterly DU fund drives, people have been asking whether our popular Valentine Hearts promotion would be back in 2012. Over the last week, the DU Admins have been discussing the issue, and trying to figure out if we should bring back the Valentine Hearts even if we are not doing a fund drive for DU. And one of the ideas that we have been discussing is to do the Valentine Hearts as a Charity Drive.

This latest news has convinced us that we need to do something to show our support for Planned Parenthood. So, I think we are going to do the Valentine Hearts this year. But instead of pocketing the money for Democratic Underground, we think it might be worthwhile to collect it all and donate it to Planned Parenthood.

After all, Planned Parenthood is a good fit with Valentine's Day.

What do you think?

PP is a "good fit"??? Yikes...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Why of course it is!!

Killing babies so they can't experience even ONE valentines day it in the spirit of valentines day.

How could you have not known that!

I dunno.
    The DUmmies are the best argument for birth control on the planet.

rm -rf obama*

Power CUer
    The papers are reporting this morning that the money cut from PP by Komen - over $650,000 - was made up by private donors in one day.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

What else says "I love you" better than giving your girlfriend or wife the gift of an abortion this Valentine's Day?

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    I dunno.
    The DUmmies are the best argument for retroactive abortion on the planet.
    Minor fix there.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Power CUer
    So, it's an immoral practice unless it does away with people you disagree with. Got it.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    The papers are reporting this morning that the money cut from PP by Komen - over $650,000 - was made up by private donors in one day.
    Last I saw, Komen was a private organization themselves.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Last I saw, Komen was a private organization themselves.
    Yes, they are. I should have said "individuals".

Susan G. Komen for the Cure has completely cut its support for Planned Parenthood
    Outstanding. I have been railing against giving money to Komen in the fight against breast cancer for some time now. There are many other organizations where your breast cancer dollars will be better spent. This is excellent news.