Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    The papers are reporting this morning that the money cut from PP by Komen - over $650,000 - was made up by private donors in one day.
    Well then it just goes to show you that it's not about breast cancer for those people. It's about something else.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Well then it just goes to show you that it's not about breast cancer for those people. It's about something else.
    It also goes to show you that there was no need for Komen to be giving the money in the first place. Clearly, Planned Abortionhood can secure the funds they "need" through other sources without sullying a good organization who is out there actually trying to save lives.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

So, it's an immoral practice unless it does away with people you disagree with. Got it.
    Why are you such an activist. It is clearly more than just another topic for you.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Why are you such an activist. It is clearly more than just another topic for you.
    She's a RINO...that's why.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Posting on a message board makes me an activist? That's a pretty low threshhold for activism. It interests me as the ultimate "beating a dead horse" topic that people persist in hashing over and over and over when it has been long since resolved - and there's always a point at which someone who's "pro life" expresses the wish that someone on the other side had been aborted, which is intrinsically amusing.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    What else says "I love you" better than giving your girlfriend or wife the gift of an abortion this Valentine's Day?

Not to mention signifying a lasting commitment to your girlfriend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    It also goes to show you that there was no need for Komen to be giving the money in the first place. Clearly, Planned Abortionhood can secure the funds they "need" through other sources without sullying a good organization who is out there actually trying to save lives.
    Now that Komen is out of the abortion business, I'm thinking about volunteering for one of their walks. There's one coming up in the DC area, and I just have to work it around my schedule.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Now that Komen is out of the abortion business, I'm thinking about volunteering for one of their walks. There's one coming up in the DC area, and I just have to work it around my schedule.
    I was all set to do the three day walk one year, but they wanted me to camp out with everyone - wouldn't let me go home and sleep in my own comfortable bed at night. So I wrote a check, but wouldn't do the walk. I wouldn't "camp out" if it meant an immediate cure to ALL cancer.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I was all set to do the three day walk one year, but they wanted me to camp out with everyone - wouldn't let me go home and sleep in my own comfortable bed at night. So I wrote a check, but wouldn't do the walk. I wouldn't "camp out" if it meant an immediate cure to ALL cancer.
    Civilians...

I was looking at that three day walk. It's 20 miles per day, which is a pretty good pace (Roman legions averaged 25 on the march, with all of their gear). Our basic training graduation ruck march was 18 miles in one night, with full winter gear and packs. We were carrying about 3/4 of our body weight in additional crap, and it hurt. The camping is no big deal. I have a small tent and I can set myself up quite comfortably, but I'll have to see what we're expected to carry on our backs, vs. what we can have transported. If I have to carry everything, it's going to be too much for these old bones.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Civilians...

I was looking at that three day walk. It's 20 miles per day, which is a pretty good pace (Roman legions averaged 25 on the march, with all of their gear). Our basic training graduation ruck march was 18 miles in one night, with full winter gear and packs. We were carrying about 3/4 of our body weight in additional crap, and it hurt. The camping is no big deal. I have a small tent and I can set myself up quite comfortably, but I'll have to see what we're expected to carry on our backs, vs. what we can have transported. If I have to carry everything, it's going to be too much for these old bones.

At the Komen walk, I don't think you have to carry much of anything. And yes, as a civilian, I don't HAVE to sleep on the ground. :p

At the Komen walk, I don't think you have to carry much of anything. And yes, as a civilian, I don't HAVE to sleep on the ground. :p
    From what they say on the website, they have their own sleeping tents, which apparently include cots, and for those who want to incur the expense, they have approved hotels that you can stay at, but I don't see you roughing it at a three-star facility. :D
    --Odysseus