Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The neighborhood.

I will walk 700 miles this year.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    no
    well that sucks.

what gym?
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    The neighborhood.

I will walk 700 miles this year.
    cool. walking is good. running is bad. sprinting is better.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    well that sucks.

what gym?
    Anytime Fitness
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

We used to work out at Lifetime Fitness in St Louis. The closest one in Florida is in Boca Raton, on the other coast, so obviously not an option here. I really liked that place.

I work out at home, have quite a bit of equipment, light weights, a complete set of medicine balls, heavy duty stretch bands rigged up in the closet (just open the door and pull them out into the room). I also have a slant board, a Pilates ring and a little styrofoam thing for stretching the calves (bought it from the physical therapist).

3 times a week I go to physical therapy. Those sessions are getting longer, sometimes up to almost 2 hours. 2 days a week I have hydrotherapy (workout in a 96 degree therapy pool, mostly on a treadmill), then change and do exercises in the gym. Once a week I work out in the PT gym.

Have been working out feverishly, as I'm afraid the insurance is about to reach its limit, so trying to get as good as I'll be able to get.

SR can answer for himself, but he usually walks a lot, between walks on his own where he can walk faster and those with the hounds, who like to stop and sniff and smell the flowers on the way. :D He also was riding his bike, til it had a flat tire.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I swim, so I work out at the community center.

I'm considering buying a bicycle this spring to ride around the neighborhood or to take out to one of the metro parks and their bike trails-I hate the stationary bike, and I stopped with the weights because my back started hurting. But riding a bike out in a nice park might be a way to step up my weight loss this summer, so I can maybe lose another size before my 30th class reunion in September.

But my new car is a hatchback, so I probably wouldn't even need a bike rack to haul it out to Stoney Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I swim, so I work out at the community center.

I'm considering buying a bicycle this spring to ride around the neighborhood or to take out to one of the metro parks and their bike trails-I hate the stationary bike, and I stopped with the weights because my back started hurting. But riding a bike out in a nice park might be a way to step up my weight loss this summer, so I can maybe lose another size before my 30th class reunion in September.

But my new car is a hatchback, so I probably wouldn't even need a bike rack to haul it out to Stoney Creek.
    Do yourself a favor and get the bike rack. The load-unload is difficult and potentially damaging to your vehicle. If you have a quick removal front wheel, it makes it easier to put in a car. My rear bearings went out on mile 20 something and I had to put it in the back of the Jeep. Had to deflate the front tire and remove it to get the beast in.:(
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

cool. walking is good. running is bad. sprinting is better.
    Grrrr!!!:mad:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Grrrr!!!:mad:
    Man was not meant to run long distances. We were made to Sprint out of danger....

Man was not meant to run long distances. We were made to Sprint out of danger....
    What is "long?"
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand