Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It would be nice to see American owned companies in America making money on American products and employing American workers, but this has unfortunately become a foreign concept.
    The concept of American Made for Americans is a dead concept and will never return. We live in a Global marketplace where standardized products are manufactured in the lowest wage location. It is the "simple" products that are being manufactured abroad then imported. The US remains the largest recipient of Foreign Direct Investment in the world. So to keep our lead in manufacturing, the US needs to have a sound political/financial foundation. This will cause foreign companies to seek a home in the US where foreign companies will employ Americans that will produce products and services for Americans and the world.

GM sold enough in December to be able to measure a fall in sales in January?

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    It is built and is running at 1/2 capacity. They are planning on bringing the plant to full capacity this month despite the overwhelming demand for their product.
    Wow, how ironic, just like the Volt itself! ...Consistently delivering about half its advertised battery endurance (Which is apparently based on coasting down long straightaways in 72 degree temps, radio off, at more than 5,000 feet above sea level during a clear, sunlit day so lights and wipers won't be necessary).

:D

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Johnson Controls in Holland makes them I believe.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Johnson Controls (also in Holland Mi) is in a joint venture with Saft. They make some form of large LiOn battery. Saft is a French company that has the European market in small LiOn batteries. JC sees the light on the less than stellar market for large LiOn batteries and wants to diversify into the small LiOn market. This is creating a great deal of friction with their partner Saft. LG Chem is Obama's baby. He's been there twice and made a point of driving around a Volt.

What a surprise. It would appear that "green" consumers don't appreciate how squeaky clean their motoring can be by driving an electric car powered by the coal-fired power plants they want shut down. Morons.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Wow, how ironic, just like the Volt itself! ...Consistently delivering about half its advertised battery endurance (Which is apparently based on coasting down long straightaways in 72 degree temps, radio off, at more than 5,000 feet above sea level during a clear, sunlit day so lights and wipers won't be necessary).

:D
    You could mount the headlights on the back so the car would not have to push the light beam forward, that would save energy!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    What a surprise. It would appear that "green" consumers don't appreciate how squeaky clean their motoring can be by driving an electric car powered by the coal-fired power plants they want shut down. Morons.
    I really dont give two dicks about the environment, but it is nice that we mine a whole shitload of our own coal in this country. I'd much rather my car run on West Virginian coal than Saudi oil.
    The two most corrosive effects on urban America: Gun control and gentrification.

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyChiefs View Post
    I really dont give two dicks about the environment, but it is nice that we mine a whole shitload of our own coal in this country. I'd much rather my car run on West Virginian coal than Saudi oil.
    The first diesel engines ran on powdered coal.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyChiefs View Post
    Enjoy your 45 miles. :)
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)