Thread: Volt sales fall in January

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well, OK... I dont have a "my car." I guess I lied on that. Public transportation is just a more effective way of getting around in my neck.

But if I did, I doubt I'd really drive it more than 45 miles.
    The two most corrosive effects on urban America: Gun control and gentrification.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    It is built and is running at 1/2 capacity. They are planning on bringing the plant to full capacity this month despite the overwhelming demand for their product.
    Sounds like another Solydra in the making.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You could mount the headlights on the back so the car would not have to push the light beam forward, that would save energy!
    ROFLOL!

An Israeli company recently modified Renault's electric car so that you can swap the batteries in about three minutes. They sell an extra battery with each car, and provide a home recharging station as part of the service. This significantly reduces the downtime for charging. Also, given the geography of Israel, the relatively short range of the batteries (100 miles) isn't much of a constraint. They're selling pretty well over there, without subsidies.

Electric cars can be made viable, but it takes market-oriented thinking to do it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Enjoy your 45 miles. :)
    Wow, 45 miles!!! That's outstanding. In the mountains where I live, that probably means half that. I could get to Colorado Springs because it is down hill, then 1/3rd the way home.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Wow, 45 miles!!! That's outstanding. In the mountains where I live, that probably means half that. I could get to Colorado Springs because it is down hill, then 1/3rd the way home.
    You ought to be able to get great mileage going downhill, especially if you just put it in neutral without starting it up. Come to think of it, the perfect zero emission vehicle is probably a soapbox derby racer. :D
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You ought to be able to get great mileage going downhill, especially if you just put it in neutral without starting it up. Come to think of it, the perfect zero emission vehicle is probably a soapbox derby racer. :D
    I'd never go home. The rise in elevation is 2500 feet. Come to think of it, I don't believe I'd get down the hill at the speeds the racer would attain.:eek:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I'd never go home. The rise in elevation is 2500 feet. Come to think of it, I don't believe I'd get down the hill at the speeds the racer would attain.:eek:
    I'm sure that you'd get down the hill, I just don't know if you'd be in any condition to do anything after the impact. :D
    --Odysseus

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Sounds like another Solydra in the making.
    Yes, I do agree. However, they will not let the thing go under. Unlike Solyndra, Obama have made personal appearances at the sight. He has come to town twice. Bringing along Air Force One, Marine 1, 2 C-17, 2 CH-47 each time. He will keep it alive until the Dems are out of office, economic reality will close the plant under a Repub administration, then the left will cry how the Republicans are against progress. Until that time the gov't will keep buying batteries and stockpiling them alongside the piles of government cheese.

I was going to buy a new Volt but cant find a gun rack that fits.

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyChiefs View Post
    I really dont give two dicks about the environment...........
    You have TWO?!.....

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I was going to buy a new Volt but cant find a gun rack that fits.
    You can't put a gun rack on an electric car. It comes with a tazer.
    --Odysseus