Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Prayer Breakfast 
    Obama: I Pushed Dodd-Frank And Health Care Reform Because Of Christ
    At National Prayer Breakfast, Obama grounds his controversial policies in the Bible. Tax hikes for rich ď[coincide] with Jesus's teaching.Ē

"And so when I talk about our financial institutions playing by the same rules as folks on Main Street, when I talk about making sure insurance companies arenít discriminating against those who are already sick, or making sure that unscrupulous lenders arenít taking advantage of the most vulnerable among us, I do so because I genuinely believe it will make the economy stronger for everybody. But I also do it because I know that far too many neighbors in our country have been hurt and treated unfairly over the last few years, and I believe in Godís command to 'love thy neighbor as thyself."
    "And when I decide to stand up for foreign aid, or prevent atrocities in places like Uganda, or take on issues like human trafficking, itís not just about strengthening alliances, or promoting democratic values, or projecting American leadership around the world, although it does all those things and it will make us safer and more secure. Itís also about the biblical call to care for the least of these ó for the poor; for those at the margins of our society.
    To answer the responsibility weíre given in Proverbs to 'Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute."
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/...th-care-reform

Did any of you catch this blasphemy this morning? This man is truly beneath contempt! :mad: :mad: :mad:

It made me so angry, this time I truly screamed at the TV ... and raised my blood pressure several notches.

As someone wrote in the comments that followed ...

God will not be mocked!
    ~ ABC

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Obama: I Pushed Dodd-Frank And Health Care Reform Because Of Christ
    At National Prayer Breakfast, Obama grounds his controversial policies in the Bible. Tax hikes for rich ď[coincide] with Jesus's teaching.Ē

http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/...th-care-reform

Did any of you catch this blasphemy this morning? This man is truly beneath contempt! :mad: :mad: :mad:

It made me so angry, this time I truly screamed at the TV ... and raised my blood pressure several notches.

As someone wrote in the comments that followed ...

~ ABC
    He was in a foul mood because his handlers suggested he not bring his prayer mat.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I love how he totally takes scripture out of context, makes me want to puke.

How is any of that blasphemy or mocking God?

You might disagree with his interpretation of "Love thy neighbor as thyself" or feel that Jesus instructions for how we should treat people as individuals should not apply to the government, but nothing in either of the paragraphs posted amounts to blasphemy.

Oh man, don't even play that, Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    How is any of that blasphemy or mocking God?

You might disagree with his interpretation of "Love thy neighbor as thyself" or feel that Jesus instructions for how we should treat people as individuals should not apply to the government, but nothing in either of the paragraphs posted amounts to blasphemy.
    Because the man intentionally took from the Bible passages that he knows little/nothing about and twisted them to fit his own agenda. He has no divine inspiration or aspiration for his progams and policies. He wants to end this country as it is known and will stoop to new lows to achive his goal...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Oh man, don't even play that, Barry.

A little late...

He already did. I bet the DUmp is just lapping it up too....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Because the man intentionally took from the Bible passages that he knows little/nothing about and twisted them to fit his own agenda. He has no divine inspiration or aspiration for his progams and policies. He wants to end this country as it is known and will stoop to new lows to achive his goal...

How do you know that he knows nothing about the Bible? You don't like the way he applies scripture. That doesn't make his statements blasphemous.

But I know, only fundamentalists are really christians in a fundamentalist's worldview.

Just as Justice is supposed to be blind, governments should not be run and motivated by emotion or sympathy. The only consideration in governing should be the rule of law. The emotion should remain with individuals who exercise their freedom to elect officials or lobby for legislation that echos their sentiments. If the President is going to take action anywhere in the world where circumstances solicit our sympathies, than he had better reconsider the large military cuts he is presiding over, because we in the Armed Forces are going to be busy.
    Last edited by Lager; 02-02-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    How do you know that he knows nothing about the Bible?
    Of course this will make no sense to those who are not spiritually discerned but for the rest of us:

15 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? 17 So, every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit. 18 A sound tree cannot bear evil fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus you will know them by their fruits. -- Matthew 7:15-20

He has a track record now. Its just a weeeeeeeee bit obvious which category 0bama falls under to most of us. So his use of scripture would simply be towards selfish/secular ends.

And that just isnt how it "works". But I wouldnt doubt that it makes him "feel better" somehow. And his "followers". Sort of like the "blind leading the blind".
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.