Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    When confronted with objective reality, how do you react? I am sure it has to occur every once in awhile.
    Fundamentalist and conservative christians do not believe that one can be a liberal and a christian, because they think that only they are the real christians. Anyone who accepts gays and believes that abortion should be legal is not qualified to call herself a christian by that standard. There are plenty of liberal christians who are equally close-minded about those who take the opposite position on those issues.

As far as my own faith is concerned, I am a firm believer in the Sermon on The Mountain like most liberal christians. "Love thy neighbor as thyself" doesn't have exceptions for gays, muslims and people whose politics I disagree with.

When confronted with objective reality, how do you react? I am sure it has to occur every once in awhile.
    That objective reality is rarely presented by a liberal. It is as rare as Unicorns and intelligent liberals.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Fundamentalist and conservative christians do not believe that one can be a liberal and a christian, because they think that only they are the real christians. Anyone who accepts gays and believes that abortion should be legal is not qualified to call herself a christian by that standard. There are plenty of liberal christians who are equally close-minded about those who take the opposite position on those issues.

As far as my own faith is concerned, I am a firm believer in the Sermon on The Mountain like most liberal christians. "Love thy neighbor as thyself" doesn't have exceptions for gays, muslims and people whose politics I disagree with.
    It really is weird.

But there are a great many sects to choose from. If the Red Letters make you uncomfortable, it is easy to find a preacher who ignores them.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    That objective reality is rarely presented by a liberal. It is as rare as Unicorns and intelligent liberals.
    Ah. Denial.

[QUOTE=noonwitch;480170]
    Fundamentalist and conservative christians do not believe that one can be a liberal and a christian, because they think that only they are the real christians. Anyone who accepts gays and believes that abortion should be legal is not qualified to call herself a christian by that standard.
    Wow, talk about close minded. This is why you are not even qualified to speak on this topic, completely clueless. Let's start with a Linda#s type correction. If you claim to be a Christian, I suggest you would be more credible if you CAPITALIZED the word Christianity.
    Real Christians don't exclude gays or liberals. Did you finally get that or are your liberal blinders still on? Real Christians understand that gays are welcome into Christianity but their sins are not excused or accepted. Christ does not change the rules of salvation for liberals or gays anymore than for adultery or murder.
    Do you actually believe that Christ would accept the practice of sticking a knife into a womb and scrambling a baby or sticking a penis into a rectum as Christian behavior? Christ died to forgive this kind of sin, not to tolerate it. Christians don't make the rules of Christianity, Christ does. Whatever you feel comfortable with when you bow your knee before Him and call Him Lord of all, feel free. I don't believe your quibbling over women's or gay rights are going very far in His presence.

How very gracious, and arrogant of you to exclude Conservative Christians from your back slapping party. Conservative Christians feel the same toward, and accept these same groups, we just don't embrace the sin that Christians should be avoiding.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Ah. Denial.
    No, "Objective reality."
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand

It really is weird.

But there are a great many sects to choose from. If the Red Letters make you uncomfortable, it is easy to find a preacher who ignores them.
    Only weird if you accept the "weird" and false premise as presented by the resident liberals. But I understand that liberals are more comfortable with the lie as it suits their false impression and bolsters their hatred of the Conservative Christians that they look down upon.;)
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand

Power CUer
    [QUOTE=AmPat;480179]
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Wow, talk about close minded. This is why you are not even qualified to speak on this topic, completely clueless. Let's start with a Linda#s type correction. If you claim to be a Christian, I suggest you would be more credible if you CAPITALIZED the word Christianity.
    Point well taken; I would have zeroed in on that "Sermon on the Mountain" thing, myself. :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Only weird if you accept the "weird" and false premise as presented by the resident liberals. But I understand that liberals are more comfortable with the lie as it suits their false impression and bolsters their hatred of the Conservative Christians that they look down upon.;)
    You seem angry. Alot. Since Matthew 5 has been brought into to the conversation, you should read it again.

Banned
    We all think the same thing about you.

Not that we could ever pin you down long enough to give us a yes or no answer.