Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    You seem angry. Alot. Since Matthew 5 has been brought into to the conversation, you should read it again.
    Perhaps you should actually open the Bible for the first time in your life.

You seem angry. Alot. Since Matthew 5 has been brought into to the conversation, you should read it again.
    You seem stoopid "alot" (sic). Have you thought about electro-shock therapy?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Water on a Witch Tex.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Now that, is funny.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Water on a Witch Tex.
    Pretty much.

Libtards are good at recycling cherry picked parts of certain chapters of the Bible. YOu know the ones they pick up off of KOS or DU.

But actually opening a Bible is something they never do.

Do you guys really think that there are no liberal Christians? Seriously?
    Sure, there are liberal Christians. Calling Obama a Christian is a stretch, not because I think that he's a secret Muslim, but because he has never demonstrated any understanding of, or belief in, Christianity. Obama's entire experience with Christianity appears to have been limited to his twenty years in Jeremiah Wright's church, where he managed to avoid actually listening to any of the sermons or dealing with anyone. Wright's brand of Black Liberation theology is a violent revolutionary doctrine of racial separation that uses superficial trappings of Christianity and misrepresents it in order to have it serve as a delivery system for Wright's Marxism and racism.

BTW, given how little Obama has learned from his time in college and government, I'm perfectly willing to believe that he spent twenty years in the pews without noticing anything that was going on around him. His self-absorption and narcissism make it unlikely that he was able to focus on worship of anything but himself.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Sure, there are liberal Christians. Calling Obama a Christian is a stretch, not because I think that he's a secret Muslim, but because he has never demonstrated any understanding of, or belief in, Christianity. Obama's entire experience with Christianity appears to have been limited to his twenty years in Jeremiah Wright's church, where he managed to avoid actually listening to any of the sermons or dealing with anyone. Wright's brand of Black Liberation theology is a violent revolutionary doctrine of racial separation that uses superficial trappings of Christianity and misrepresents it in order to have it serve as a delivery system for Wright's Marxism and racism.

BTW, given how little Obama has learned from his time in college and government, I'm perfectly willing to believe that he spent twenty years in the pews without noticing anything that was going on around him. His self-absorption and narcissism make it unlikely that he was able to focus on worship of anything but himself.
    That's all just personal animus directed at the Executive on your part.

Banned
    That's all just personal animus directed at the Executive on your part.
    You got that right fanboy!!!

Since I have been asked for my two cents here, I will put them in. First of all there are no conservative or liberal Christians. There are just Christians who live the word and then there are those people who don't. Simply calling oneself a Christian doesn't make one a Christian. Going to a church or some type of worship service does not mean that one is a believer. C. S. Lewis stated something like "going to church does not make one a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes one a car".

That being said, I don't believe that Obama blasphemed. To call him a blasphemer is to believe that he understands what he is talking about and is rejecting truth in favor of falsehood. I don't think he gets it.

Christ never spoke about governments other than how a believer is to interact with them "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's." Jesus never asked a government to do anything that some liberals attribute to him. He never spoke about a ruling body performing revenue redistribution or governments giving aid to the poor. In fact he never addressed non-believers need to assist the poor at all. His call to feed and cloth the hungry was aimed directly at believers.

The things Jesus wants of us is to recognize that we are sinful people and to repent of these sins and to accept him as our Lord and Savior. Out of love for Him and in thanksgiving for our salvation we are asked to help those who need it. Helping others should not be forced, it should come from the heart. I don't give money to a charity because Jesus wants me to, I give money or time or whatever to aid another because I love Jesus, I am grateful for what he has done for me and I want to, in some small measure, do for others what HE has done for me.

Finally, what I believe about Obama's words is that I don't think Christ would like for someone to be compelled to do something that he or she doesn't want to do. If you want to force people to pay money so that something good can be done would in no way fit in with the expectations of Christ. I think Christ would be happy that people would be helped but I don't believe he is an ends versus the means type of God. Obama twisted scripture for his own purposes but since he is not a believer he doesn't perceive that he is doing anything wrong. He may have to answer to God for that. Then again he may give his life and heart to Jesus tomorrow and be forgiven for his sins. In the end that is what Christ is all about.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 02-03-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Power CUer
    Well said!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken