Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I appreciate your comments, Flagator.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    That's all just personal animus directed at the Executive on your part.
    Yet all based upon direct observation with a logical conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    You got that right fanboy!!!
    No, he is reflexively defending the Marxist and ignoring the actual proof of Ody's words. A liberal's God must be defended at all cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Well said!
    Yes, well said but still ignores the resident liberal's attacks on "Conservative Christians."

The liberals here are vomiting the approved party-line talking points about Conservative Christians being hateful toward or not including gays, liberals, blah, blah, blah.

True, there are no categories of Christians when Christians are narrowly (and correctly) defined as those who have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. There are however, Christians that are Conservative and Liberal with respect to their interpretation of the Bible, their lifestyle, and their political ideology.

I don't believe that Christ gives a hoot in Hell for political ideology. He does however care about morals and lifestyles. If liberal Christians believe that Christ doesn't care about whether or not a follower destroys and supports destroying fetus' in the womb (in the millions) or whether His followers "follow" the lifestyle of Sodom and Gomorah, that's their problem. They can explain their "opinion" to the Almighty.

Now if one commits to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, and is willing to repent of past sins, Christ will, and his followers should, embrace and include them. If they believe they can continue with their sinful lifestyle after committing to Christ and a Christian lifestyle, they need to re-read the Bible, again---------and again!
    Last edited by AmPat; 02-03-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Since I have been asked for my two cents here, I will put them in. First of all there are no conservative or liberal Christians. There are just Christians who live the word and then there are those people who don't. Simply calling oneself a Christian doesn't make one a Christian. Going to a church or some type of worship service does not mean that one is a believer. C. S. Lewis stated something like "going to church does not make one a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes one a car".

That being said, I don't believe that Obama blasphemed. To call him a blasphemer is to believe that he understands what he is talking about and is rejecting truth in favor of falsehood. I don't think he gets it.

Christ never spoke about governments other than how a believer is to interact with them "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's." Jesus never asked a government to do anything that some liberals attribute to him. He never spoke about a ruling body performing revenue redistribution or governments giving aid to the poor. In fact he never addressed non-believers need to assist the poor at all. His call to feed and cloth the hungry was aimed directly at believers.

The things Jesus wants of us is to recognize that we are sinful people and to repent of these sins and to accept him as our Lord and Savior. Out of love for Him and in thanksgiving for our salvation we are asked to help those who need it. Helping others should not be forced, it should come from the heart. I don't give money to a charity because Jesus wants me to, I give money or time or whatever to aid another because I love Jesus, I am grateful for what he has done for me and I want to, in some small measure, do for others what HE has done for me.

Finally, what I believe about Obama's words is that I don't think Christ would like for someone to be compelled to do something that he or she doesn't want to do. If you want to force people to pay money so that something good can be done would in no way fit in with the expectations of Christ. I think Christ would be happy that people would be helped but I don't believe he is an ends versus the means type of God. Obama twisted scripture for his own purposes but since he is not a believer he doesn't perceive that he is doing anything wrong. He may have to answer to God for that. Then again he may give his life and heart to Jesus tomorrow and be forgiven for his sins. In the end that is what Christ is all about.
    You said what I feel :)

Since I have been asked for my two cents here, I will put them in. First of all there are no conservative or liberal Christians. There are just Christians who live the word and then there are those people who don't. Simply calling oneself a Christian doesn't make one a Christian. Going to a church or some type of worship service does not mean that one is a believer. C. S. Lewis stated something like "going to church does not make one a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes one a car".

That being said, I don't believe that Obama blasphemed. To call him a blasphemer is to believe that he understands what he is talking about and is rejecting truth in favor of falsehood. I don't think he gets it.

Christ never spoke about governments other than how a believer is to interact with them "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's." Jesus never asked a government to do anything that some liberals attribute to him. He never spoke about a ruling body performing revenue redistribution or governments giving aid to the poor. In fact he never addressed non-believers need to assist the poor at all. His call to feed and cloth the hungry was aimed directly at believers.

The things Jesus wants of us is to recognize that we are sinful people and to repent of these sins and to accept him as our Lord and Savior. Out of love for Him and in thanksgiving for our salvation we are asked to help those who need it. Helping others should not be forced, it should come from the heart. I don't give money to a charity because Jesus wants me to, I give money or time or whatever to aid another because I love Jesus, I am grateful for what he has done for me and I want to, in some small measure, do for others what HE has done for me.

Finally, what I believe about Obama's words is that I don't think Christ would like for someone to be compelled to do something that he or she doesn't want to do. If you want to force people to pay money so that something good can be done would in no way fit in with the expectations of Christ. I think Christ would be happy that people would be helped but I don't believe he is an ends versus the means type of God. Obama twisted scripture for his own purposes but since he is not a believer he doesn't perceive that he is doing anything wrong. He may have to answer to God for that. Then again he may give his life and heart to Jesus tomorrow and be forgiven for his sins. In the end that is what Christ is all about.
    For a bit, you made sense.

They you decided you knew what was in the another man's heart and head. You set yourself up as the Judge. I direct you to Acts 17:30-31 to find out Who gets to do that.

Since I have been asked for my two cents here, I will put them in.
    Thank you. It is much appreciated FlaGator!

Then again he may give his life and heart to Jesus tomorrow and be forgiven for his sins. In the end that is what Christ is all about.
    Wow!

That ... is definitely what I would call a different take on "Hope and Change." :D

~ ABC
    Last edited by ABC; 02-03-2012 at 03:51 PM.

For a bit, you made sense.

They you decided you knew what was in the another man's heart and head. You set yourself up as the Judge. I direct you to Acts 17:30-31 to find out Who gets to do that.
    No, I simply based an opinion by viewing his behavior which is what Jesus tells me to do

By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
    Matthew 7:16-20
    Last edited by FlaGator; 02-03-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

No, I simply based an opinion by viewing his behavior which is what Jesus tells me to do

Obama doesn't claim to be a prophet.

See, once you departed the general, non-threatening answers and remotely approached the liberal sensitivity zone, you became a target. Liberals like the peacemaker as long as he agrees with them. That's why they cherry pick the Bible, especially the Sermon on the Mount.
    Shhh! Don't tell him, he would be very upset with you. He would rather be viewed as a God however, but Prophet will do.;)
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

No. No, he thinks he's higher up than that...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Hey FlaGator:p I like the insight you bring to the discussion...;)
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot