Thread: Pupper fight!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Here is da Princess Bella Blue...

:eek:

And the vet thinks she ripped herself open on a plant in the yard. It's possible and we're going to do some trimming tomorrow. Darlene gave her a huge sniffing over when we got home!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Poor puppy dog :(

Looks like Bella got T-boned in a high speed collision by Darlene's pointy nose, it was just an accident!:eek:
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Looks like Bella got T-boned in a high speed collision by Darlene's pointy nose, it was just an accident!:eek:
    The vet said she examined Bella very carefully when she did the surgery. She said there was a tear and many scratches, more indicative of being scratched by something in the yard. She said there was no puncture wound or evidence of something (like Darlene's teeth) hurting Bella.

Her other owie is on the back of her neck. When we got her, she had a small bump there. During her visit to the vet for a checkup, the vet aspirated it with a needle and said it was a little cyst. We were told to watch it. It was getting bigger and we were getting ready to take her in anyway to be microchipped and have that cyst removed.

It's good that we went in today, as the vet said that the cyst was getting infected. The $500 bill for fixing all that wasn't pleasant, but since $62 of that was for the chipping and she actually had 2 surgeries, I guess it wasn't bad. The vets down here are pretty expensive. These vets aren't as bad and seem very nice. It's one of those all female practices---3 female vets.

I'm just glad that it doesn't look like Darlene is an assasin dog. She's actually been pretty nice to Bella since Bella came home. I felt terrible when I thought that Darlene had hurt the little one.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    The vet said she examined Bella very carefully when she did the surgery. She said there was a tear and many scratches, more indicative of being scratched by something in the yard. She said there was no puncture wound or evidence of something (like Darlene's teeth) hurting Bella.

Her other owie is on the back of her neck. When we got her, she had a small bump there. During her visit to the vet for a checkup, the vet aspirated it with a needle and said it was a little cyst. We were told to watch it. It was getting bigger and we were getting ready to take her in anyway to be microchipped and have that cyst removed.

It's good that we went in today, as the vet said that the cyst was getting infected. The $500 bill for fixing all that wasn't pleasant, but since $62 of that was for the chipping and she actually had 2 surgeries, I guess it wasn't bad. The vets down here are pretty expensive. These vets aren't as bad and seem very nice. It's one of those all female practices---3 female vets.

I'm just glad that it doesn't look like Darlene is an assasin dog. She's actually been pretty nice to Bella since Bella came home. I felt terrible when I thought that Darlene had hurt the little one.

Sorry to hear about your puppy :(

I hope she gets better soon.

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    YEAH FOR DARLENE! Vindication! I hope all of you who jumped to the wrong conclusion are ashamed of yourself! If the bite don't fit, you must acquit!!
    I had some real worries when John moved in because his cat "THE BEAST" was used to being the ONLY cat and having John's total attention. Lilly's cat, "Ozzy" is a huge orange former tom cat who's only goal in life is a nap. We held our breath and they turned out to be the best of friends, cuddling and curling up together and playing and sharing catnip toys. Then one of my staff members came to my office, she had been given a ticket for too many dogs in her home. One of the little fluff ball yappers had to go. What could I do? She was in my office crying! I had paperwork to get done! So we got a bouncy yappy fluff ball and thought for sure that "The Beast" would tear her apart. Fortunately the dog thinks she is a cat, so now all three play together and snuggle up together. I had been picturing enormous vet bills and they surprised us!
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Here is da Princess Bella Blue...

:eek:

And the vet thinks she ripped herself open on a plant in the yard. It's possible and we're going to do some trimming tomorrow. Darlene gave her a huge sniffing over when we got home!!!
    Wow, that looks worse that I'd imagined. I hope she has a speedy recovery, poor Bella:(

I don't see how Darlene could've done that...maybe it was outside on a shrub. Either way, hope she heals up real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    YEAH FOR DARLENE! Vindication! I hope all of you who jumped to the wrong conclusion are ashamed of yourself! If the bite don't fit, you must acquit!!
    I had some real worries when John moved in because his cat "THE BEAST" was used to being the ONLY cat and having John's total attention. Lilly's cat, "Ozzy" is a huge orange former tom cat who's only goal in life is a nap. We held our breath and they turned out to be the best of friends, cuddling and curling up together and playing and sharing catnip toys. Then one of my staff members came to my office, she had been given a ticket for too many dogs in her home. One of the little fluff ball yappers had to go. What could I do? She was in my office crying! I had paperwork to get done! So we got a bouncy yappy fluff ball and thought for sure that "The Beast" would tear her apart. Fortunately the dog thinks she is a cat, so now all three play together and snuggle up together. I had been picturing enormous vet bills and they surprised us!
    So glad that it all worked out. Lilly must be delighted to have another cat and now a dog. Her cup overfloweth, with a good daddy and all the pets. You'll never know how happy I am for you.

My son had a little dog named Snoopy (little mutt he found on the street) and a black cat named Felix. They were about the same size. The two of them snuggled together and chased each other (playfully) all around his apartment. I used to love watching them play.

What kind of a little dog is it?

Bella is snoozing right now in the bedroom and Darlene is in here in the 3rd bedroom/computer room with me. I'm just so glad that Darlene is exonerated and embarassed that she was the number 1 suspect. :o

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Wow, that looks worse that I'd imagined. I hope she has a speedy recovery, poor Bella:(

I don't see how Darlene could've done that...maybe it was outside on a shrub. Either way, hope she heals up real soon.
    We have an orange tree outside that produces very few blood oranges. The Valencia orange tree produces so many oranges that I give a lot away and keep busy squeezing those oranges for juice.

The non-producer is smaller, but has thorns on it. It's getting a drastic pruning tomorrow, all the lower branches. That's the only thing that I can think of that could have gotten her.

You can't see from the pic, but she has a significant amount of stitching on her neck, too. You can see just part of the little patch. Poor girl. Tomorrow we're going to put a t-shirt on her to protect her from scratching it. The wound on the neck is where we'd have to put one of those Elizabethan collars to keep her from scratching her side, but it would irritate the neck.

We're just going to have to watch her very carefully.

"

I'm sorry about your pup. Hope she gets better soon.