1. #1 Wisconsin: State Assembly leader packing on floor 
    link

Scuba (14,374 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

Wisconsin: State Assembly leader packing on floor
    http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...9bb2963f4.html

The Republican lawmaker who presides over the state Assembly said Friday he's been carrying a concealed weapon during floor sessions. Speaker Pro Tem Bill Kramer, of Waukesha, essentially controls the chamber during debate, presiding over procedures and controlling the debate. He also can order spectators out of the chamber if he so chooses.

He said he feels he needs the weapon given the toxic atmosphere at the state Capitol, and he's not the only lawmaker packing in the chamber. "Have you been in the Capitol lately?" Kramer said. "The saying is you don't need a gun until you need it. I hope I go to my grave having never fired at anything but a paper target."

Bands of protesters still angry over Republican Gov. Scott Walker's contentious collective bargaining law have spent the past year harassing GOP legislators.

One threw a beer on state Rep. Robin Vos, R-Burlington, co-chairman of the Legislature's powerful finance committee, in a Madison bar in September. Last week, protesters heckled Walker from the Assembly's overhead galleries as the governor delivered his state-of-the-state address in the chamber. The next night during debate on a divisive mining permit bill, Kramer ordered the galleries cleared after agitators hung a banner over a railing and hurled profanities at lawmakers.

Bands of angry protesters!!! One even threw a beer!!! The inhumanity!!!!
    southernyankeebelle (3,668 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    5. Some how I don't feel sorry for this man. Has he bothered to asked why it has gotten

View profile
    so bad? What is wrong with the republicans? They are the ones who are starting this crap. The president of the United States gives a speech at a prayer breakfast and you have a Congressman walk out as he is giving the speech and you have a senator Hatch get on the floor of the senate and say Obama thinks he is Jesus. All because his speech was about helping the poor and these people call themselves christians? There mad because Obama spoke from the heart and told them what the real Jesus was about. They didn't like it because they think Jesus was a republican.
    There you have it. It's the fault of the Republicans that liberals threaten and give death threats. It's because Republicans didn't do whatever Democrats wanted that there is a threatening environment. They deserve it because they didn't do what we wanted. In one form or another this is the liberal mantra, "it's their fault".

Why, I was waiting for DUers to denounce those who hecked Walker at the State of the State address. If it's expected that one show respect for the President in the State of the Union address then they certainly should show respect to Walker during the State of the State address. Right?? No. It's crickets. Instead they complain that walking out on a prayer breakfast campaign speech was disrespectful.

When they can show me where Jesus says that "doing to the least of these" means the government taking money by force, deciding where they want to put it after taking "their own" cut I'll agree with them. Where in the bible did He tell governments to do this for Him?

If it's legal, so what?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    If it's legal, so what?
    ... but it's a G-U-N... and those are bad...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

thelordofhell (2,138 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    6. Heaven forbid you listen to your constituents

Just shoot 'em and let god sort 'em out
    That's funny. I don't recall DUers say that Giffiords should have "listened to her constituents" when the shooting started.

But Republicans are supposed to if someone starts shooting at them?

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    lets see...every Republican has had death threats against them since last February....yeah...there is NOOOO reason what so ever for them to be carrying
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

They say that like it's a bad thing...