Hybrid View

1. #1 Magnanimous DUmmies 
    WingDinger

We must show magnanimity to Komen, and all others that relent to our pressures.

To continue to punish those that see the error of their ways, will harden the hearts of those we oppose. They will fight to the death. This includes the CEO.

We must make giving in to our logic, and compassion, like a cool breeze, or sunlit day. Game theory really.

And even welcome those DINO's that relent.

You must always offer a better way to give in than hari kari. Or you will require hand to hand combat for every victory.

That does not mean we should stop pressure for instance, to replenish stem cell funds.
    Oh, how kind and forgiving the DUmmies are!!! *swoon*

Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Why are you so ticked? Did you actually send a check to Komen when you thought they had repudiated the eeeeevil Planned Parenthood? :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Why are you so ticked? Did you actually send a check to Komen when you thought they had repudiated the eeeeevil Planned Parenthood? :p
    No, I had not sent anything to Komen. It's just that cowardice annoys me, especially when it's cowardice by someone who is in the right in the first place. Whether or not it is a decision based upon abortion, a Congressional investigation, or the fact that it's a day of the week that ends in "y," Komen has absolutely every right to withdraw funding from anyone at any time. They have no obligation to give Planned Abortionhood one red cent. But they backed down here and bolstered the Left's asinine notion that they're ENTITLED to other people's money in order to serve their own pet causes.

That's just going to perpetuate the Left's entitlement mentality. This is a bad precedent to be setting. It's just like not standing up to the Reheverhhandh Jhhakhsonh's shakedowns: once you let them get away with it one time, they'll just keep coming back again and again.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I subscribe to the old theory of...your enemies. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    I actually agree with you, Adam. I think Komen has ruined its credibility no matter which side you're on.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Magnanimous DUmmies
    Wow! Did I ever get this wrong. I actually thought they were advocating giving away somebody else's money again!:eek:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand