Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 More reasons to hate Walmart! (my letter today) 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    A Wal-Mart hater at DU???? :eek:

Sat Feb 4, 2012, 06:25 PM
    Bennyboy

More reasons to hate Walmart! (my letter today)

I visited the Store in Citrus Heights CA yesterday (Feb 3-2012) after a week off and I was APPALLED! Not in one, or even two, but in many ways.

We'll start with pretty appalling and go too Horribly appalling.

PRETTY APPALLING:

MUZAK! One of the reasons I go to Walmart, over all the other stores in the area, is because there is never music in there (holidays excepted). Or if there is (sometimes in Sporting Goods), it is so low you cannot hear it very well.
    Yesterday, it was loud, all over the store, AND LAME. (Roseanna!!!!)

I am the caregiver for 4 senior citizens and go to that Walmart all the time, perhaps ten times on one week, with about five of those times vvisits over an hour long (Seniors, you know). So for me to be in a place where I feel as if I am being assaulted by music that I detest for any amount of time is not doable.

I spend my life avoiding music like that. As a musician, it is like being assaulted while shopping and it only makes me want to leave the store as soon as possible. (AND STOP SHOPPING!!!!!) Really, it doesn't matter if it music I like, (instead of Roseanna, one of the songs I heard yesterday ) or whatever, you do not have to make anyone feel this way when shopping.

In situations like this, after complaining, i usually stop going to that store or that chain of stores, permanently if it continues the next time I go in.

After that, I will take my business elsewhere.

STILL PRETTY APPALLING BUT IN A DIFFERENT WAY:

I noticed that you went back to using plastic bags at that store. Why? I thought it was working out well the other way. Now the checkers loaded my goods with plastic before they used the bags I brought and wrapped everything in plastic before they put it in my bags.

PROBABLY 150,000 BAGS EVERY DAY FROM JUST THAT STORE? (Correct me if you can, I am just guessing there).

I used to think it was cool of you to do away with the plstic, but ic an see that was just a publicity stunt.Funny how the switch back did not come with the nearly the fanfare that came when Walmart stopped using plastic bags.

Why not switch to a biodegradable bag? Surely Walmart could open a plant using hemp oil to produce bags in a country that has hemp production just to produce their own bags, clamshells, and other containers, now made of oil and are pollutants and permanent litter....... talk about a PR Move...Probably save kajillions of dollars too.

HORRIBLY APPALLING
    was seeing Captain Morgan's rum drinks in the checkout aisle. I see the drinks in a bag, with a cartoonish logo, are right up front at the register. ALCOHOLIC (hard drinks) bbeverages are at the checkout!?!?!?!?!?! I am sure kids are confused seeing that product mixed in with Candy bars and the other "child targeted" items in the aisle.). And they are right at teenagers eye level, and we know that teens and booze aren't a good mixture right?

Are you deliberately marketing these to children? Someone is. At least "brand planting".

Really take em off the checkout and put them back in the liquor aisle. Pretty irresponsible to make a few bucks. It is bad enough that you use the checkout aisle to sell diabetes and heart attacks to children. Don't sell them alcoholism too....

I'm appalled he's appalled!!!:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

I'm a Paul, too.

But cereally, I hate Walmart. So why do I shop there? Because I save money. But here are my complaints anyway.

• The customers at Walmart are disproportionately stupid, obnoxious, and socially inept. Many of them have no concept of the traditional rules of the road, which explains the damage on their vehicles.

• All those kids can't possibly be the children of that one woman. And if you aren't going to let them choose anything, buy anything, or get anything that they want, will you please tell me why you brought them with you? The eldest is certainly old enough to stay at home with the rest.

•*I can hear your kid screaming and whining. I have been hearing it for 45 minutes. Are you deaf? Yes, that was me yelling "Shut the hell up." across aisle 14.

• Is the old alcoholic with the scotch and cigars voice really the only one who knows how to use a public address system? And Why are you still using a public address system, HellO! It's 2012!!!

• If you stop me and ask me for my receipt, I am going to turn around and go to the customer service counter and return the entire cart of groceries. I have complied with this inexcusable imposition twice in ten years, and I only allow it once every ten years.

I am currently at the home of Wal-Mart... Arkansas. Hardy to be exact. Something I've noticed around here, is that the Wal-Mart isn't that heavily used (Ash Flats) but the local Mom & Pop's are the goto places. They also have American made products in these stores...

Not that it means much, just thought I'd throw that out :p
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    A Wal-Mart hater at DU???? :eek:

I'm a Pepper...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I'm a Paul, too.

But cereally, I hate Walmart. So why do I shop there? Because I save money. But here are my complaints anyway.

• The customers at Walmart are disproportionately stupid, obnoxious, and socially inept. Many of them have no concept of the traditional rules of the road, which explains the damage on their vehicles.
    Um, you just admitted you shop there too. Doesn't that mean that you, too, are "disproportionatly stupid, obnoxious, and socially inept"?

• All those kids can't possibly be the children of that one woman. And if you aren't going to let them choose anything, buy anything, or get anything that they want, will you please tell me why you brought them with you? The eldest is certainly old enough to stay at home with the rest.
    Kind of you to tell someone else how to raise their children.

•*I can hear your kid screaming and whining. I have been hearing it for 45 minutes. Are you deaf? Yes, that was me yelling "Shut the hell up." across aisle 14.
    And yet you don't have the balls to say it to their face. Typical liberal. you remind me of these inmates who talk shit from behind the door of a locked cell and when I'm 50 feet away. We call them cell gangsters. Well, you're an aisle gangster.
    • Is the old alcoholic with the scotch and cigars voice really the only one who knows how to use a public address system? And Why are you still using a public address system, HellO! It's 2012!!!
    And how do you know they're an alcoholic? Do you have proof or are you just being your usual shithead self? Never mind. Asked and answered. Oh, and how else are they supposed to communicate in 2012? Smoke signals?
    • If you stop me and ask me for my receipt, I am going to turn around and go to the customer service counter and return the entire cart of groceries. I have complied with this inexcusable imposition twice in ten years, and I only allow it once every ten years.
    They ask just about everyone to see their receipt. It takes 2 whole seconds. I guess a pox on them to try to keep shrink down. It's not like people try to shoplift or anything.

Ah, Nova. The typical liberal gasbag. Like school on Christmas Day.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Um, you just admitted you shop there too. Doesn't that mean that you, too, are "disproportionatly stupid, obnoxious, and socially inept"?
    No, Snookie, it means that the customers (the group which buys things at Wamarts) is disproportionately (evident in higher percentages than the population of the nation as a whole) stupid, obnoxious, and socially inept (New Jerseyish).

Were you allowed to run around loose, squealing and annoying adults? It would explain a lot.

And yet you don't have the balls to say it to their face.
    Actually, I do and I have. In stores, in restaurants. You'd be surprised how well children react to a stranger adult instructing them to be quiet. One time, I simply turned around, snapped my fingers and pointed to his chair, and I never heard another peep out of the kid during dinner. Another favorite, is "Go ask your mother why you shouldn't be doing that." or "Go tell your mother what you just said."

I don't do it all the time, because it would be a full time job. But in extreme cases it is still called for. I have found that earplugs and a calculator have changed my reaction if not improved the deportment of the Walmart shopper. The earplugs take the edge off Bourbon Betty on the PA system, the obnoxious TV sets they now have on the ends of aisles, and the calculator means that I am not trying to do math in my head whilst the flotsam and jetsam of life are recreationally shopping.

And how do you know they're an alcoholic? Do you have proof or are you just being your usual shithead self?
    Alcoholism has outward symptoms. Around here, the odds are with my diagnosis. Don't take it personally, Snookie.

Actually, I do and I have. In stores, in restaurants. You'd be surprised how well children react to a stranger adult instructing them to be quiet. One time, I simply turned around, snapped my fingers and pointed to his chair, and I never heard another peep out of the kid during dinner. Another favorite, is "Go ask your mother why you shouldn't be doing that." or "Go tell your mother what you just said.
    And if you ever did that to any of my kids.....they would be leading me out in cuffs for I would had beat you to within an inch of your life.
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

And yet you don't have the balls to say it to their face. Typical liberal. you remind me of these inmates who talk shit from behind the door of a locked cell and when I'm 50 feet away. We call them cell gangsters. Well, you're an aisle gangster.

And how do you know they're an alcoholic? Do you have proof or are you just being your usual shithead self? Never mind. Asked and answered. Oh, and how else are they supposed to communicate in 2012? Smoke signals?

They ask just about everyone to see their receipt. It takes 2 whole seconds. I guess a pox on them to try to keep shrink down. It's not like people try to shoplift or anything.

Ah, Nova. The typical liberal gasbag. Like school on Christmas Day.
    His entire rant is a summation of the typical liberal mindset. They see themselves as superior to all others. They feel entitled to dictate what is acceptable and right, and therefore entitled to legislate unpopular and illegal laws on the unwashed masses. These paragons of virtue don't really like people, they just want people to believe that liberal birthed and perpetrated lie. They are all like Dingy Harry Reid who apparently smells better than all those dirty tourists in DC every summer.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by aka:PBS View Post
    And if you ever did that to any of my kids.....they would be leading me out in cuffs for I would had beat you to within an inch of your life.
    Not in Florida you wouldn't. But rather than having that pissing contest, let's talk about community standards. When exactly is the community to begin to reign in the illparented children of others? In school? As they enter the juvenile justice system? Where exactly do the children my sister attempts to teach in public schools get the notion that they can run around and make noise at will? From parents like you? I shouldn't have thought so, but if you are willing to risk your life because some stranger hurt your pride by telling your kid to behave himself, then maybe so.

God only knows what you think you would do when I turn around as I sometimes do to loud people in stores, and ask, "Must I listen to your every thought?" Sometimes I'm really cruel- I engage them in conversation. I'll hold up a box of pasta and say, "Can you believe they put disodium phosphate in this?" It breaks their train of thought and often the theretofore unbroken stream of babble.

Is it too much to ask to shop in peace?

No, Snookie, it means that the customers (the group which buys things at Wamarts) is disproportionately (evident in higher percentages than the population of the nation as a whole) stupid, obnoxious, and socially inept (New Jerseyish).
    I porefer the term, "Blue-Statish". After all, you live in a Democratic enclave yourself, don't you?

Were you allowed to run around loose, squealing and annoying adults? It would explain a lot.
    He might have been, but he grew out of it. For you, running around loose, squealing and annoying adults is your MO for CU.

Actually, I do and I have. In stores, in restaurants. You'd be surprised how well children react to a stranger adult instructing them to be quiet. One time, I simply turned around, snapped my fingers and pointed to his chair, and I never heard another peep out of the kid during dinner. Another favorite, is "Go ask your mother why you shouldn't be doing that." or "Go tell your mother what you just said."

I don't do it all the time, because it would be a full time job. But in extreme cases it is still called for. I have found that earplugs and a calculator have changed my reaction if not improved the deportment of the Walmart shopper. The earplugs take the edge off Bourbon Betty on the PA system, the obnoxious TV sets they now have on the ends of aisles, and the calculator means that I am not trying to do math in my head whilst the flotsam and jetsam of life are recreationally shopping.
    It could be worse. They could be voting.

Seriously, you come off as an elitist tool in this rant. Go down to the liquor aisle. They have some very good single malts and their prices are better. Then go home and chill before you type again.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!