Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The support this guy gets from the liberal activists disgusts me. He committed a crime that many before him have been executed for. He betrayed every person in the Army and every citizen of the USA.

I dont blame WikiLeaks, its their responsibility to post this information. The reason this whole mess happened is the person we trusted to keep it from organizations like WikiLeaks is a total fuckhead.
    The two most corrosive effects on urban America: Gun control and gentrification.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Is it actively discouraged in some way not previously employed? Or is it simply that Iraqi and Afghan women aren't as alluring as Vietnamese, Filipino, Japanese, British, and German? Not trying to be funny, seriously curious.
    It is actively discouraged, and the vast majority of troops have no opportunities to fraternize. Also, the culture makes any contact between unmarried local women and US troops very difficult. Finally, Sharia law forbids marriage between a non-Muslim man and a Muslim woman, so that even if the opportunity is present and the woman is willing, her family and the local imams are far more likely to kill her than allow the marriage. Most American women in the region have seen the culture up close and have no interest in marrying Muslim men.
    Quote Originally Posted by TooManyChiefs View Post
    I dont blame WikiLeaks, its their responsibility to post this information. The reason this whole mess happened is the person we trusted to keep it from organizations like WikiLeaks is a total fuckhead.
    Wikileaks has no obligation to publish anything. They have set themselves up as gadflies whose sole purpose is to spread anarchy and undermine their own countries. Notice that Wikileaks has never published anything that embarrasses or compromises our enemies. They're just another face of the enemy.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Finally, Sharia law forbids marriage between a non-Muslim man and a Muslim woman........
    That is part of what concerns me. We have American men, especially young American me, who might think of conversion to Islam in the same way that Sammy Davis became Jewish, some guy they knew in high school became a Buddhist, some guy in prison becomes a Nation of Islam- little more than words and a new claim of a new identity. My best friend converted to Catholicism (from Lutheran) as a condition of marriage to his wife. So did my handyman. I don't think that either guy seriously changed his religious views in the process, though the handyman does enjoy the academic aspects of Catholicism (he likes talking about religion and history).

American men for all their outward belief in their own masculinity, tend to be a little insecure. We can see this by the fact that so many of them marry the first woman who comes along and asks them. Most American men are raised by American women and simply aren't inculcated with the belief that as a male they are god's gift to the universe. Islam has that covered, it's part of its appeal to poor men who would otherwise be excluded from access to "good women". And it works. Even prison converts to NOI are promised that if they become a "good muslim", then women who want a good husband will also become muslim to get one. Go to the ghetto Walmart and see how many American negro women you see wearing musliim garb. Even here, the number is climbing.

I don't think that American men will be converted in a giant wave, but Islam is both immediately insidious and patient at the same time. It's like water against a seawall, it will look for the weak spot, but it will also simply lay against the wall for centuries gently soaking in and rotting it.

That is part of what concerns me. We have American men, especially young American me, who might think of conversion to Islam in the same way that Sammy Davis became Jewish, some guy they knew in high school became a Buddhist, some guy in prison becomes a Nation of Islam- little more than words and a new claim of a new identity. My best friend converted to Catholicism (from Lutheran) as a condition of marriage to his wife. So did my handyman. I don't think that either guy seriously changed his religious views in the process, though the handyman does enjoy the academic aspects of Catholicism (he likes talking about religion and history).

American men for all their outward belief in their own masculinity, tend to be a little insecure. We can see this by the fact that so many of them marry the first woman who comes along and asks them. Most American men are raised by American women and simply aren't inculcated with the belief that as a male they are god's gift to the universe. Islam has that covered, it's part of its appeal to poor men who would otherwise be excluded from access to "good women". And it works. Even prison converts to NOI are promised that if they become a "good muslim", then women who want a good husband will also become muslim to get one. Go to the ghetto Walmart and see how many American negro women you see wearing musliim garb. Even here, the number is climbing.

I don't think that American men will be converted in a giant wave, but Islam is both immediately insidious and patient at the same time. It's like water against a seawall, it will look for the weak spot, but it will also simply lay against the wall for centuries gently soaking in and rotting it.
    Agreed. However, I have to make one point:

... American negro women...
    Juan Williams would like a word with you.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    I think IIRC the military learned it's lesson on this from Vietnam and tightened the regs.

Not to mention that in Iraq and Afganistan, we are talking about parts of the world in which pregnant women who are not married get murdered by their fathers and brothers. I think when US military personnel understand that, no one really wants to bear any responsibility for putting a woman in such a situation.

Hang him high!