Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Lord forgive me but I actually agree with some of Nova's post.

Children's behavior has gone down the sewer over my lifetime. I blame it on the liberal community that foisted "live and let live," free love, etc. When I was a child, I lived under "children should be seen and not heard" and every adult was a potential belt wielder. I feared the belt of strangers because I knew that my parents would beat me again if they found out. This meant that I watched my behavior when my parents were not around. Children that incessantly wail like banshees should be given something other than their selfish desires to wail about. If that toy or candy is worth wailing over and disturbing the peace of other patrons, they should be given something more reasonable over which to wail. A few stripes across the buttocks usually brings about a change of attitude leading to a change in behavior.

I am a realist though and see that that ship has largely sailed. Therefore, I submit that beating the adults or throwing the entire family out of the store might be a better strategy.
    Last edited by AmPat; 02-05-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Therefore, I submit that beating the adults or throwing the entire family out of the store might be a better strategy.
    I don't understand why Walmart doesn't make any effort to "calm" the store. The incessant PA system announcements (other stores use Borg implants now) , the television monitors running endless commercials on every other aisle, the craziness of the electronic section spilling over into linens, computers, sporting goods, the auto center staff turning up the car stereos on local channels, the speakers hanging over the pharmacy and drug store section, the blasted "beep beep beep" of malfunctioning fire and security systems, and the noise of uninsulated industrial air conditioning. All of that is under Walmart's immediate control.

Walmart could mix in some "courtesy encouragement" on those monitors, put some courtesy instructions on the front doors and in the cart station. Imagine something as simple as a sign that says, "Do not cut in line, use cellphones in line, or be rude to cashiers." or "Do not walk more than two abreast in grocery aisles."

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Seriously, you come off as an elitist tool in this rant. .
    I am an elitist tool.

Actually, I do and I have. In stores, in restaurants. You'd be surprised how well children react to a stranger adult instructing them to be quiet.
    Try that around me moonbat, and someone would be scraping you off the street.
    Liberals obviously don't understand "mind you own fucking business".

rm -rf obama*

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    Try that around me moonbat, and someone would be scraping you off the street.
    Liberals obviously don't understand "mind you own fucking business".
    You would get violent and possibly shot (this is Florida) because you react inappropriately to an adult policing an unruly child? I wonder where these kids get it from?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I don't understand why Walmart doesn't make any effort to "calm" the store. The incessant PA system announcements (other stores use Borg implants now) , the television monitors running endless commercials on every other aisle, the craziness of the electronic section spilling over into linens, computers, sporting goods, the auto center staff turning up the car stereos on local channels, the speakers hanging over the pharmacy and drug store section, the blasted "beep beep beep" of malfunctioning fire and security systems, and the noise of uninsulated industrial air conditioning. All of that is under Walmart's immediate control.

Walmart could mix in some "courtesy encouragement" on those monitors, put some courtesy instructions on the front doors and in the cart station. Imagine something as simple as a sign that says, "Do not cut in line, use cellphones in line, or be rude to cashiers." or "Do not walk more than two abreast in grocery aisles."
    Our local Walmart isn't at all like this. I know of one in another state but I stopped going to that one when I realized that going armed to and from the parking lot would lead to me killing a few gang members. The clientele consisted mainly of disgusting looking, ill clothed, fat minorities who obviously had no respect for themselves or others around them. There was no teaching them manners so I decided to shop elsewhere.

I was nearly drawn into a physical altercation by an extremely rude, large Black "woman" who told me to "move." I instructed her on how to properly ask somebody to move and it quickly escalated from there. Her threatening me and me informing her that I had no problem defending myself against a Sasquatch like her and would slap the stupid clean out of her, blah blah,,. There were other adult comments made by both of us.
    My wife was mortified but I refuse to allow a POS like her to get away with her rude behavior. Black doesn't get one a pass from manners or an @$$ whipping.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I was nearly drawn into a physical altercation by an extremely rude, large Black "woman" who told me to "move." I instructed her on how to properly ask somebody to move and it quickly escalated from there. Her threatening me and me informing her that I had no problem defending myself against a Sasquatch like her and would slap the stupid clean out of her, blah blah,.......
    The incident was caught on tape:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=1_-x5jrSov8

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I am an elitist tool.

You are not Brian Williams.

You do realize that a gay man ranting about his dislike the children of breeders opens you up to all sorts of psychological insights?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You do realize that a gay man ranting about his dislike the children of breeders opens you up to all sorts of psychological insights?
    I didn't ask the parents what their sexual orientation was. Surely someone will study this at some point, but I am inclined to think that the sexual orientation of the parent is not operative.

I am always amazed by people that are amazed by what they see at Walmart.

The place is the largest retailer by a factor of 100 on this green earth of ours. Lots of people shop there. I have shopped there. I will probably be in a Walmart again in my lifetime. Even if it's to buy 100 rolls of paper towels for $8 dollars.

With that said, we all know what to expect when we walk into a Walmart. We go through the looking glass. We enter Bizarro world. Anything is possible. Stop being surprised by it.