Thread: More reasons to hate Walmart! (my letter today)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    A child wailing due to "Waah!!! I didn't get my waaaayyyy!!! Waah...." That, if prolonged and unattended, pisses me off. My children got one lesson at this and never had to have a subsequent follow-up. S .
    Women appear to be able to tune this out with greater ease than most men. I think it might be biological.

I perfer the dollar stores. You don't have to get all dressed up like you do when you go to Walmart.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I perfer the dollar stores. You don't have to get all dressed up like you do when you go to Walmart.
    I wish Dollar General had a drive through, there are times when I'm not dressed up enough for them either!:(
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Speaking of which, I overheard someone (perhaps a tourist) the other night at Walmart say to his friend, "I can't believe people come to the grocery story in flip flops." Since I was wearing flip flops (or as my niece calls my slides "ghetto flip flops") and was the only other person in the aisle, I assumed he was inspired by my footwear.

IS there some taboo or social proscription on wearing sandals to a grocery store?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Speaking of which, I overheard someone (perhaps a tourist) the other night at Walmart say to his friend, "I can't believe people come to the grocery story in flip flops." Since I was wearing flip flops (or as my niece calls my slides "ghetto flip flops") and was the only other person in the aisle, I assumed he was inspired by my footwear.

IS there some taboo or social proscription on wearing sandals to a grocery store?
    No one wants to look at your cheesed up feet while they are shopping for food Tinkerbell!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

That tourist would shit a brick if he visited a grocery store in Phoenix in the summer. It's 100 degrees out. Be happy we put on clothes at all. :D
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

The nearest WalMart to me is in North Redondo Beach. The reason it is in North Redondo Beach is because the residents of Inglewood, where it was supposed to be built had some reason to scream that it would put the Korean stores, that the Inglewoodians despise anyway for overcharging for shoddly goods out of business. The store opened in North Redondo Beach which is close enough to Inglewood so all the Inglewood residents can go there and still feel like they stuck it to the man.

The store is surrounded by a 15 ft high chain link fence topped with barbed wire and concertina wire. The fence at the point where the wire is attached is angled inwards, like a prison, obviously intended to keep IN whatever was IN that they don't want to get OUT.

The store is filthy, merchanidise is strewn all over the place. Small appliance boxes are opened with pieces of whatever was in there either on the floor or stuck back in the box. The book department has pages torn out of the books litering the floor, some bearing smears of the last diaper change.

So no, I don't go to WalMart unless I go to one in a more responsible area. Out in Temecula the WalMart is clean, well stocked, with actual useable restrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I'm betting it's a funny video but all I get is Superbowl commercials???
    Uh! I've been rick-superbowl-ads-rolled! :mad:

I didn't ask the parents what their sexual orientation was. Surely someone will study this at some point, but I am inclined to think that the sexual orientation of the parent is not operative.
    If they have kids, they were breeders, at least in the technical sense. The act of giving birth is breeding. But, if you want to use it as the derogatory term that gays use for straights, by all means, do.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Sometimes I'm really cruel- I engage them in conversation. I'll hold up a box of pasta and say, "Can you believe they put disodium phosphate in this?" It breaks their train of thought and often the theretofore unbroken stream of babble.
    ROFLMAO!