Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I like Wal-Mart because they have the best deal around here for cheap practice ammo. Despite all of the other hellishness that occurs at most Hell-Marts, I find that the people in the sporting goods area are usually friendly, knowledgeable, competent, and reasonably efficient at ringing up my purchase. As such, it's not uncommon for me to go into Hell-Mart and pick up a few things, and then go and buy a brick of .40 S&W just so that I can avoid the interminable three open check-out aisles (out of forty-two that exist) and breeze out of the store.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Women appear to be able to tune this out with greater ease than most men. I think it might be biological.
    Oh no. I'll bet you a paycheck I have less tolerance for the screaming than you do. I don't go to Wal Mart at all, ever, for the same reason I don't step a foot inside Chuckie Cheese.

I don't think it was always that way. Kids have gotten worse. And your comment about asking people if they were here legally wasn't lost on me, but then I'm from California too.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    The nearest WalMart to me is in North Redondo Beach. The reason it is in North Redondo Beach is because the residents of Inglewood, where it was supposed to be built had some reason to scream that it would put the Korean stores, that the Inglewoodians despise anyway for overcharging for shoddly goods out of business. The store opened in North Redondo Beach which is close enough to Inglewood so all the Inglewood residents can go there and still feel like they stuck it to the man.

The store is surrounded by a 15 ft high chain link fence topped with barbed wire and concertina wire. The fence at the point where the wire is attached is angled inwards, like a prison, obviously intended to keep IN whatever was IN that they don't want to get OUT.

The store is filthy, merchanidise is strewn all over the place. Small appliance boxes are opened with pieces of whatever was in there either on the floor or stuck back in the box. The book department has pages torn out of the books litering the floor, some bearing smears of the last diaper change.

So no, I don't go to WalMart unless I go to one in a more responsible area. Out in Temecula the WalMart is clean, well stocked, with actual useable restrooms.
    Sounds like North Redondo (I didn't know there was a north Redondo) is the world's worst Walmart. Even our ghetto Walmart is not that bad. Our redneck Walmart is better, but not much. The best Walmart is the one where the senior citizens and second income housewives work, but unfortunately it's not a Super Walmart.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    I like Wal-Mart because they have the best deal around here for cheap practice ammo. Despite all of the other hellishness that occurs at most Hell-Marts, I find that the people in the sporting goods area are usually friendly, knowledgeable, competent, and reasonably efficient at ringing up my purchase. As such, it's not uncommon for me to go into Hell-Mart and pick up a few things, and then go and buy a brick of .40 S&W just so that I can avoid the interminable three open check-out aisles (out of forty-two that exist) and breeze out of the store.
    Shhhhhush! Most people don't know that Sporting Goods has a register. Gone are the days when the Garden Center was the freeway out of there.