Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Is the color one as easy on your eyes as the original when reading books?
    I like reading books on the regular kindle but magazines and other stuff on Fire.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

My Daughter is pestering me for a kindle fire for her birthday, so is it worth the 200 price tag?

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    My Daughter is pestering me for a kindle fire for her birthday, so is it worth the 200 price tag?
    If she is an avid book reader, then yes. If she wants to surf the internet, then yes. If she wants a mobile platform for reading and sending emails, listening to downloaded music and wants to stick it to Apple, then yes, get her a fire.

If however, you want to pay double for the base model iPad and pay for a data plan so she can basically do the same thing on a slightly larger surface AND have your daughter get multiple piercing throughout her face just so she can look like every other apple user, then no.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    If she is an avid book reader, then yes. If she wants to surf the internet, then yes. If she wants a mobile platform for reading and sending emails, listening to downloaded music and wants to stick it to Apple, then yes, get her a fire.

If however, you want to pay double for the base model iPad and pay for a data plan so she can basically do the same thing on a slightly larger surface AND have your daughter get multiple piercing throughout her face just so she can look like every other apple user, then no.
    I love my daughter with all my heart so I wont subject her to apple products. I don't want her to be a mindless apple phangirl.
    Last edited by Bailey; 02-07-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Can you get a data plan with the kindle fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Can you get a data plan with the kindle fire?
    Wifi only, Your smart phone will transmit internet to it with the hotspot function.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I can't buy a Fire yet, I'm looking forward to being able to try it out. I do like the e-ink effect of the old school kindle though so I'd probably stick to that for books.

Im liking what Im reading (reviews) on the Kindle Fire v iPad v iPod touch. But Im prob gonna wait till the kindle is a little more popular and has more features before I get one. The 3G option sure is nice but maybe the wifi would be enough. The ipad and ipod are a combination too much and not enough for me .. I think.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    Im liking what Im reading (reviews) on the Kindle Fire v iPad v iPod touch. But Im prob gonna wait till the kindle is a little more popular and has more features before I get one. The 3G option sure is nice but maybe the wifi would be enough. The ipad and ipod are a combination too much and not enough for me .. I think.
    mine is wifi only, and is more than enough...3G doesn't let you do much
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

The fire is a heck of a bargain, well worth it. It's still nice though having the sheer size of an iPad.