Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Al Gore's Desperate Bid to Keep Keith Olbermann 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Gore is a moron if this crap is true...

Mon Feb 6, 2012, 05:17 PM
    hlthe2b

Al Gore's Desperate Bid to Keep Keith Olbermann—and Save Current TV--Newsweek

Don't shoot the messenger....

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...urrent-tv.html

t was early November when tensions between Keith Olbermann and Al Gore escalated into a crisis at Current TV. There had been a short honeymoon after Gore, the channel’s co-owner, had handed the notoriously temperamental anchor a reported $10 million salary and equity stake in February of last year, but the relationship soured quickly. Now, just five months after Olbermann’s show Countdown had resurfaced on Current, it looked as if he might walk away.

Accustomed to the flashy graphics and slick broadcasts of MSNBC, Olbermann balked at the cheap sets and lo-fi production values at the scrappy Current. Ensconced in his New York office, the star ignored emails from the network’s West Coast executives. He wanted them to invest more on the technical side, and he wanted more authority in other areas of the network, including personnel decisions. He was also upset about his car service. Gore and his partners had shelled out for a star; now, it seemed, the star owned them.
    --snip--
    The prospects were potentially ruinous for Current. After it had struggled for six years as an assertively nonpartisan news network, baffling critics and going largely unnoticed by viewers, Current’s founders, Gore and partner Joel Hyatt, had finally come up with what could be a game-changing plan: to reinvent the station as a 24-hour-a-day, seven-day-a-week liberal cable-news outlet, a bastion for progressive ideas and politics on television, a way to harness and influence the Democratic Party—in short, as Hyatt says, the “anti-Fox.”
    --snip--
    Gore’s company politicking, plus the intervention of lawyers for both sides, seems to have worked. Olbermann—for now—is sitting tight. Current’s big media plan, hastily drawn up after the network managed to hire Olbermann, is quickly sliding into place. What it’s after is nothing short of the holy grail of left-wing politics. And Al Gore, who knows what it’s like to be this close to triumph, is determined not to fail.

more at the link...

KO sounds like he'd get along with Nadin...;):D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Gore is a moron to begin with...if anyone thought they can keep Overbite tamed or happy is just deluding themselves
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

It's fun watching Al Gore's world fall apart around him.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    It's fun watching Al Gore's world fall apart around him.
    Behold the power of CLIMATE CHANGE....:p
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Al needs a few large solar flares so that he can blame the heat on ES-U-VEEEEESSSS.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Al wants to keep a guy no ones ( expect Moonbats) likes, on a network no one watches.

It's like running a high class tattoo parlor in town where everyone is legally blind; if you're too
    crazy/stupid to know it was a bad idea in the first place, you deserve to go broke.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Current’s big media plan, hastily drawn up after the network managed to hire Olbermann, is quickly sliding into place. What it’s after is nothing short of the holy grail of left-wing politics. And Al Gore, who knows what it’s like to be this close to triumph, is determined not to fail.
    The holy grail of left-wing politics is to be ignored by audiences? I guess by that standard, Air America was a hit.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Current’s big media plan, hastily drawn up after the network managed to hire Olbermann, is quickly sliding into place. What it’s after is nothing short of the holy grail of left-wing politics. And Al Gore, who knows what it’s like to be this close to triumph, is determined not to fail.
    The holy grail of left-wing politics is to be ignored by audiences? I guess by that standard, Air America was a hit.
    I never understood why liberals thought they could emulate the conservative propaganda methods with any success.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I never understood why liberals thought they could emulate the conservative propaganda methods with any success.
    I know, right? Those stupid liberals never realized that that "propaganda" had to have that elusive ingredient known as facts to back up their version of Propaganda.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I know, right? Those stupid liberals never realized that that "propaganda" had to have that elusive ingredient known as facts to back up their version of Propaganda.
    or...you know...entertain
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry