1. #1 What a bunch of FU#%*&@ hypocrits!!!!!!!! 
    cherokeeprogressive

View profile

So our President gets down on his knees and prays to "God".
    Our President claims that he gets down on his knees and prays for guidance in his every day governance of the United States...

How do you feel about that?

Who does he pray to? is it the "Flying Spaghetti Monster" most DU'ers use to describe the person/entity/THING Christians hold holy? Or is he to be held to be foolish for praying to an entity most DU'ers claim doesn't exist?

In the end, does our President claim to have "faith" in order to garner votes? Or does he really believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Would you defend his words in this context as simply a means to get votes or does he REALLY believe the things the Bible says?

I ask these questions because I've seen people who claim to believe in a "higher power" ridiculed here so many times I can't count. I've seen people of faith ridiculed to the point where they've left DU altogether.

So what is it? Give President Obama a PASS when he says he drops to his knees and prays regularly, and that "Christian Principles" guide the process by which he makes decisions...

Or hold him to the same standards we hold others to... meaning there's no such thing as a "higher power"...?
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002269470

CaliforniaPeggy
    3. I have no problem with whatever President Obama chooses to do for enlightenment.

View profile
    I know he's an intelligent, good, honorable man, and I trust him.

I believe in his sincerity.

He has a terrible, frightening task, being president. Whatever helps him is fine with me.
    phleshdef
    6. I'm an atheist. And it doesn't bother me in the least.

View profile
    He isn't trying to use the power of government to shove religion down anyone's throat. Most people in this country are religious to some degree. Its just something that human beings haven't grown out of yet and I imagine it will be a prominent part of society for the rest of my lifetime. Thats just how things are.
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

Fabulous Poster
    He isn't trying to use the power of government to shove religion down anyone's throat. Most people in this country are religious to some degree. Its just something that human beings haven't grown out of yet and I imagine it will be a prominent part of society for the rest of my lifetime. Thats just how things are.

The problem is the group which sponsors the "prayer breakfast". C Street and The Family are not people presidents and congressmen should be hanging out with, but apparently they have access.

Fabulous Poster

Who does he pray to? is it the "Flying Spaghetti Monster"
    My guess it's to someone that requires facing the direction of Mecca about 5 times a day.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

These idiots are the same who did, and will again hurl the most vile of invective toward a Conservative when he prays and claims to be a Christian. Hypocrites indeed.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    These idiots are the same who did, and will again hurl the most vile of invective toward a Conservative when he prays and claims to be a Christian. Hypocrites indeed.
    I agree. If they weren't hypocrites, they would be writing letters to Obama telling him not to go to the prayer breakfast.

Obama is their Lord, and can do no wrong; if He did it, it must be OK, at least for Him. That doesn't necessarily mean it is OK for anyone else.

Viewed through that lens, they aren't hypocritical...just delusional.

I like it when they crib lines out of the New Testament and try to use them as justification for their putrid positions.