1. #1 Miami DUer In The News Again... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yeah, it's RaginInMiami again...

Tue Feb 7, 2012, 06:52 PM
    WillyT

Miami DUer In The News Again... 'Journalist Recovers Video Of His Arrest After Police Deleted It.'

Journalist recovers video of his arrest after police deleted it
    By Timothy B. Lee | ars technica
    Published a day ago

A Miami journalist has recovered video of police officers arresting him after it was deleted from his camera. The man was covering a police effort to evict Occupy Miami protestors. He plans to file a complaint with the police department and with the United States Department of Justice.

On January 31, Miami police evicted Occupy Miami protesters from their downtown campsite. On hand to cover the action was photojournalist Carlos Miller. Along with protestors and other journalists, he was pushed down the street by a line of police in riot gear. He tried to circle around the block to return to his car, but he found his path blocked by a second line of police officers.

The police weren't arresting the other journalists around him, so Miller said he assumed he would be allowed to cross this second line of officers to return to his car. But when he approached one of the officers, he was stopped and placed under arrest. Upon his release the following morning, he found that several videos he had taken, including the one documenting his arrest, had disappeared.

Miller has since recovered some of the missing video, and it appears to back up his story. Though some crucial sequences are missing, the video shows Miller approaching a female police officer, who blocks his path and then calls other officers over to help arrest him.

"You were given a dispersal order, sir, and you were told you were gonna be placed under arrest," she told Miller in the video. "We don't want to have to hurt you," she said.

"I'm not doing anything," Miller responded. "I'm not resisting."

<snip>

More: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/n...deleted-it.ars

It's just amazing that whenever Carlos shows up, the ebil Police are out to get him!!!:eek:
    He should hookup with Nadin. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

You know he did nothing wrong.
    I never got arrested at one of these assemblages of garbage (they had a lot of trash too :eek:), Oh! I know why; I wasn't there.

Want to get raped, attacked, robbed, infected, sick, tired, cold, miserable, killed or arrested? Go to an OWS DUmp near you.;)
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

It's amazing that it always seems to happen to one guy.

If the police wanted the video deleted, it would be deleted...

Exaggeration anybody...?

Bueller

Bueller
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Oh Lord...just when you thought you'd heard the last of RIMJob.

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.