Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I think the understandable public response is that drones or any other eye in the sky is another nail in the coffin of the Fourth Amendment, piercing the veneer of privacy. Like some other societies, our security isn't making us feel safer, it's making us feel like prisoners. The public is getting tired of being told that the War On Drugs justifies these measures and isn't quite willing to buy that they are essential for national security. The public wants to be able to swim naked in the back yard if it wants, without feeling like the government is watching.

    If a drone lands in my yard, I am keeping it and selling it on ebay-slovenia.
    The police can park in front of my house all day. I will even bring them coffee.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    The police can park in front of my house all day. I will even bring them coffee.
    But can they peer through your windows?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    But can they peer through your windows?
    It would be easy. The entire front of the house has no curtains. And it is a fishbowl.

    They can watch me and my friends drink wine by the fire and talk about nothing whatsoever.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    It would be easy. The entire front of the house has no curtains. And it is a fishbowl.

    They can watch me and my friends drink wine by the fire and talk about nothing whatsoever.
    I'm all for them busting into your house with a bad search warrant and rough you and your friends up and then give you a half assed apology, while you sit there nursing a busted nose. That would be good also.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I'm all for them busting into your house with a bad search warrant and rough you and your friends up and then give you a half assed apology, while you sit there nursing a busted nose. That would be good also.
    I'ld rather they did that at the fast drug takeout corner down the street.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I'ld rather they did that at the fast drug takeout corner down the street.
    Take out your competition? The government shouldn't favor businesses and help you form a monopoly.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Take out your competition? The government shouldn't favor businesses and help you form a monopoly.
    So you are a Trust Buster, are you?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    So you are a Trust Buster, are you?
    I don't trust trust, it's not a must!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Member Janice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'm gonna get some Iranian software. I want one of these. And with 30,000 of them flying around it will take years before they notice one went missing. If ever.
    Makes one wonder what the bag limit on these things might be.

    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I think the understandable public response is that drones or any other eye in the sky is another nail in the coffin of the Fourth Amendment, piercing the veneer of privacy. Like some other societies, our security isn't making us feel safer, it's making us feel like prisoners. The public is getting tired of being told that the War On Drugs justifies these measures and isn't quite willing to buy that they are essential for national security. The public wants to be able to swim naked in the back yard if it wants, without feeling like the government is watching.

    If a drone lands in my yard, I am keeping it and selling it on ebay-slovenia.

    Are you going to have a naked pool party before you sell it on ebay-slovenia?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •