Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Syria Crisis: Dramatic Footage Reveals Scale Of Devastation In Homs... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well DUmmies, Nadin seems to think the US is already in the game...

Wed Feb 8, 2012, 01:08 PM
    tabatha

Syria Crisis: Dramatic Footage Reveals Scale Of Devastation In Homs As Tank Columns Roll

Dramatic footage of rocket attacks and tank assaults in the town of Homs in Syria have emerged as activists reported the heaviest bombardment of civilian areas since the start of anti-government protests.

Videos posted to YouTube by the British-born Syrian activist Danny Adbul Daymen appear to show a blasted landscape of civilian and residential buildings under apparently constant fire from rockets.

In one clip dated 8 February, which shows fire and smoke pouring from buildings, Daymen says:

“This is Homs, Baba Amr, you can see over there another rocket landed on one of the civilian’s houses, this has been going on all day, since 5am.

This is beyond barbaric, and nothing can be done.

Ask all knowing Nadin and FearLess Leader.
    May the FORCE be with you!

The footage I saw on the news from Syria was truly frightening. Constant gunfire, collapsing buildings, shooting anyone who dares to step out of his house. It was worse than Detroit on the night the Pistons won their first championship in 1989, and that is saying something.

I don't really see where US involvement could do much good in this situation. There is not a clear division between civilian and enemy populations in an urban setting like I saw on the news. Short of sending in Seal Team 6 to assassinate Assad, which would be pointless, there's not much anyone can do for the Syrians except pray.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The footage I saw on the news from Syria was truly frightening. Constant gunfire, collapsing buildings, shooting anyone who dares to step out of his house. It was worse than Detroit on the night the Pistons won their first championship in 1989, and that is saying something.

I don't really see where US involvement could do much good in this situation. There is not a clear division between civilian and enemy populations in an urban setting like I saw on the news. Short of sending in Seal Team 6 to assassinate Assad, which would be pointless, there's not much anyone can do for the Syrians except pray.
    Like it or not, when people are being slaughtered, they look to the United States to save them whether they like us or not.

I have a Bosnian friend who was a teenager in Sarajevo during the siege. She said that they would often wonder why the Americans had not saved them yet. And even after doing so, her brother hates us to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Like it or not, when people are being slaughtered, they look to the United States to save them whether they like us or not.

I have a Bosnian friend who was a teenager in Sarajevo during the siege. She said that they would often wonder why the Americans had not saved them yet. And even after doing so, her brother hates us to this day.

To this day I wondered why we bothered getting involved with a war that threatened our interests not a bit. When the stinking Europeans should of handled it. I have a very close friend that came back from that shit hole with sever PTSD issues, some of the shit he had seen screwed him up. Funny lots of people on the left dont mind us getting involved in wars like that but if we get in one for our on interests they pitch a fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    To this day I wondered why we bothered getting involved with a war that threatened our interests not a bit. When the stinking Europeans should of handled it. I have a very close friend that came back from that shit hole with sever PTSD issues, some of the shit he had seen screwed him up. Funny lots of people on the left dont mind us getting involved in wars like that but if we get in one for our on interests they pitch a fit.
    Because sometimes a humans life is worth more then the price of your milk. It's not always about "our best interest". It's about what is right.

We have the power to stand up to these murderers, and we should.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Because sometimes a humans life is worth more then the price of your milk. It's not always about "our best interest". It's about what is right.

Well then we will have to disagree on this matter Captian America, unless our country is threatened in some way we shouldn't risk American lives for people who dont want us there.

I couldn't care less about muzzies killing muzzies...let 'em go at it all they want.

Would not put it past this "president" to involve us in something like this to bolster his chances at another 4 years of ruining the country.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    I couldn't care less about muzzies killing muzzies...let 'em go at it all they want.

Would not put it past this "president" to involve us in something like this to bolster his chances at another 4 years of ruining the country.
    I agree let them kill each other as long as we get cheap oil :D

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

I'm not opposed to intervention that would help, I'm just not sure how that would work. I would hate to see our military personnel put at risk in a futile way.

There is nothing positive we can accomplish with military force in Syria, we need to resist the temptation.