1. #1 So Iran is our new “Enemy.” Are we going to fall for this crap again? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Go get em Cyrano!!!!

Thu Feb 9, 2012, 11:57 AM
    Cyrano

So Iran is our new “Enemy.” Are we going to fall for this crap again?

Too many Americans bought, and still buy, the WMD crap regarding Iraq.

Too many Americans bought the “War on Terror.”

And today, too many Americans are buying the lie that Iran presents a nuclear threat.

Is it about oil – again? Is it about some pipeline the oil companies want to build? Is it just one more convenient distraction from our real enemies?

Let’s get real. Our enemies are right here at home. They have names like Exxon/Mobil, Wall Street, Citibank, the GOP and … well you get the idea.

Does any rational person really believe that Iran is a threat to us, or for that matter, a threat to Israel?

The Iranian leaders are not insane. They know that their use of a single nuclear weapon (if they ever got one) would result in the total annihilation of their country. You want insane? Look homeward.

The whole “Iranian Thing” is total bullshit. If you have a different opinion, let’s hear it.

Why are people like this allowed to have computers??? :D

"Teh Stupid" is strong here...
    May the FORCE be with you!

If by "new" you mean since 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    If by "new" you mean since 1979.
    Sometimes you surprise me... :p
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

To most of the Moonbats across the country, America and Isreal are the enemy.

" The Leaders of Iran are rational"

Ya, right; waiting for the 12th Iman to return when the world is in chaos, and holding international meeting of Holocaust Deniers.

Maybe going by the mental health of DU's members, they are rational to their tiny crazed minds.

When Iran does fire off a nuke, DU will blame America and Isreal because they are too stupid/crazy to do anything else.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

I think it's hilarious that Cyrano thinks that the Iranian leadership isn't crazy. I guess he's right, if one sticks to a strict interpretation of the DSM. There is no diagnosis for sociopath listed because there is no treatment for sociopathology.

The leader of the Crips isn't insane, either. It would be fun to watch Cyrano try to relate with him, however, because any scenario I can imagine ends with Cyrano eating lead.

Cyrano (7,829 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

23. Given some of my past rants, I may already be on their watch list

Nonetheless, if we don't speak up, who will? The alternative -- silence -- is total surrender. And that is unacceptable.
    I wonder if Cyrano had a tear in his eye and a lump in his throat as he bravely typed those words knowing they could very well lead to his destruction. I know I did reading it. Who says there are no more heroes?

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

And with this thread, I want to point out that you can't claim that all the liberals care about is who is possibly threatening war.

Obama is the President and people are still saying that going to war with Iran is wrong.

To answer the DUer's question, yes, they're trying to make nukes. The 911 Commission Report stated that they were a threat. That's not the only reason to believe it, but it's a start.