Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Dependency Index Surges 23% Under President Obama 
    The American public's dependence on the federal government shot up 23% in just two years under President Obama, with 67 million now relying on some federal program, according to a newly released study by the Heritage Foundation.

The conservative think tank's annual Index of Dependence on Government tracks money spent on housing, health, welfare, education subsidies and other federal programs that were "traditionally provided to needy people by local organizations and families."

The two-year increase under Obama is the biggest two-year jump since Jimmy Carter was president, the data show.

The rise was driven mainly by increases in housing subsidies, an expansion in Medicaid and changes to the welfare system, along with a sharp rise in food stamps, the study found.

"You can't get around the fact that policy decisions made over the past two years, on top of those made over the past several decades, are having a large effect on the pace of growth of the index," said William Beach, who authored the Heritage study.

Government dependence has climbed steadily since 1962, when the index stood at 19. By 1980, the index had risen to 100. It stood at 294 in 2010, the last year for which the data are available. D.C.-based Heritage has produced the index for nine years.

The report also found that spending on "dependence programs" accounts for more than 70% of the federal budget. That, too, is up dramatically. In 1990, for example, the figure stood at 48.5%, and in 1962 just over a quarter of federal spending went to dependence programs.

http://news.investors.com/Article/60...dent-obama.htm
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Shit like this worries me, no way will the moucher class dare vote against someone giving them handouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Shit like this worries me, no way will the moucher class dare vote against someone giving them handouts.
    That's what the Libtards want. They get enough Americans suckered into believing that everything they ever needs comes straight from the Federal Government and you'll never get another Republican elected to office again.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    That's what the Libtards want. They get enough Americans suckered into believing that everything they ever needs comes straight from the Federal Government and you'll never get another Republican elected to office again.
    At least one that preaches Independence and hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Ok...and?

Ok...and?
    I think he's trying to point out that people are becoming more and more dependent on the feds for some time before obama came to town.

I think he's trying to point out that people are becoming more and more dependent on the feds for some time before obama came to town.
    The article says that. The point is the sharp increase of those dependent on the Feds since fanboy's hero ascended to his throne.

The article says that. The point is the sharp increase of those dependent on the Feds since fanboy's hero ascended to his throne.
    Well AD loves to play the devils advocate in every thread no matter what the topic. So I really dont know then what he means. We could be talking about saving kittens from freezing to death and he would get on and debate us on the evils of saving kittens. :D

Well AD loves to play the devils advocate in every thread no matter what the topic. So I really dont know then what he means. We could be talking about saving kittens from freezing to death and he would get on and debate us on the evils of saving kittens. :D
    I am getting tired of all the dead bird feathers in my back yard.