Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Well, now we know who the stupidest congressman is! 
    Power CUer
    And that's a hard title to earn! It's John Fleming, R- Louisiana.

This guy's staffers have to be pointing fingers at each other, blaming each other for letting the Congressman actually update his own Facebook page. He didn't pick up on "The Onion" being satire, and he had NO powers of critical thinking to tell him the story was bogus.

As someone posted on his Facebook post before it was pulled, "How did you get elected?"

http://www.nymag.com/daily/intel/201...t-emailed-24h5
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Sorry. The honor of Stupidest Congressman still belongs to the reigning champion, Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) who, during a House Armed Services Committee meeting with the head of the Pacific Fleet over a planned buildup of forces on Guam, voiced his concern that "... the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize."

In the understated military way that is almost British, the admiral replied,"We don't anticipate that."

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    And that's a hard title to earn! It's John Fleming, R- Louisiana.

This guy's staffers have to be pointing fingers at each other, blaming each other for letting the Congressman actually update his own Facebook page. He didn't pick up on "The Onion" being satire, and he had NO powers of critical thinking to tell him the story was bogus.

As someone posted on his Facebook post before it was pulled, "How did you get elected?"

http://www.nymag.com/daily/intel/201...t-emailed-24h5
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Sorry. The honor of Stupidest Congressman still belongs to the reigning champion, Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) who, during a House Armed Services Committee meeting with the head of the Pacific Fleet over a planned buildup of forces on Guam, voiced his concern that "... the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize."

In the understated military way that is almost British, the admiral replied,"We don't anticipate that."
    I have to declare Arroyo the winner on this one. While Fleming is clearly not too bright, Johnson falls into the category of dangerously stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I have to declare Arroyo the winner on this one. While Fleming is clearly not too bright, Johnson falls into the category of dangerously stupid.
    OMG! A twofer. I actually agree with AD and Nova. I gotta recheck my facts, maybe glo-Bull warming is real???:eek:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Power CUer

That IS pretty good. At least we've demonstrated that heads are thick on both sides of the aisle!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Fabulous Poster
    Hank Johnson
    Assumed office
    January 3, 2007
    Preceded by Cynthia McKinney

Remember the words of my wise old grandfather: "Be careful what you pray for."

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    That IS pretty good. At least we've demonstrated that heads are thick on both sides of the aisle!
    There are indeed. I'm wondering why you dug this up when I would bet that in a head to head stupid contest, we could pile up huge mounds of liberal stupid to these small mole hills of Conservative stupid.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

That one was a classic. :D
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    There are indeed. I'm wondering why you dug this up when I would bet that in a head to head stupid contest, we could pile up huge mounds of liberal stupid to these small mole hills of Conservative stupid.
    I "dug it up" because the story got a lot of attention yesterday. I didn't go back years to try to find evidence. This was an egregious example of someone who doesn't understand what's on the intertubes or how to interpret a "news" story.
    I didn't know we weren't allowed to admit there is stupid on both sides. And "mole hills" are open to interpretation. I would have to reassess my vote if this were my Congressman; I vote against mine each time as it is. (Hasn't worked yet).

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I'd take that bet. Remember that the Republican frontrunners believe in the damnedest things. Romney believes that as recently as the 9th century the Nephites ruled North America and were defeated and killed by the nasty American Indians. Santorum believes that a Nazi in a funny hat and gold slippers has a tie-line to Jesus.