Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Love it Namvet!!! Very good!

Don't worry SR ... unlike the captain and crew of the Costa Concordia Cruise Ship if all Hell breaks loose ... we will all go down with you ... and can always go back to the old fashioned Bulletin Board System. long before the www. :D :D

Hell's Bells, I've had a computer since the mid-eighties, was called Windows 3.1 or something.

Let me tell you, if even *I* could navigate my way thru "File Manager" in those days, and it really was something else, believe me ... and I DID ... we oldies in here can do it!

Only joking, darlin' ... it won't come to this. All will work out!

~ ABC
    hold the phone here. who said anything about going down with the ship??? not me. save my ass. that's Captain SR's job !!! :D
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    :D
    hey captain. I assume we'll be off the air for a specified amount of time
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    hey captain. I assume we'll be off the air for a specified amount of time
    True. Sequence of events:

1. I'll put out a message Warning of the impending upgrade with a time by which you should all be off the board.
    2. I'll bring down CU and do a final Database backup. I did a backup this morning and some may have seen the message.
    3. I'll do the upgrade, hopefully no errors, do a little testing, and then bring the board back up.
    4. I'm not sure if the board will "look" the same as is does now. It may default back to the original vBulletin Skin, I have to ask the Vb tech guys today. We have a custom "Skin" that Crusty the previous owner installed for the current look.
    5. I'll bring the board back online and we go from there!
    Time??? I don't really know having never done one but if all goes well I can't see us being down more than 30 minutes.

SR
    May the FORCE be with you!

True. Sequence of events:

1. I'll put out a message Warning of the impending upgrade with a time by which you should all be off the board.
    2. I'll bring down CU and do a final Database backup. I did a backup this morning and some may have seen the message.
    3. I'll do the upgrade, hopefully no errors, do a little testing, and then bring the board back up.
    4. I'm not sure if the board will "look" the same as is does now. It may default back to the original vBulletin Skin, I have to ask the Vb tech guys today. We have a custom "Skin" that Crusty the previous owner installed for the current look.
    5. I'll bring the board back online and we go from there!
    Time??? I don't really know having never done one but if all goes well I can't see us being down more than 30 minutes.

SR
    You're going to lose this skin. None of the vB 3.x skins will work in 4.x. The entire stylevars are different. You'll have the default blue, and there are quite a few good 4.x skins out there for download. You'll probably have to hire a pro if you want to try to duplicate what you have presently. It's probably worth exporting this style to a disk somewhere just so that the style values are recorded somewhere.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    You're going to lose this skin. None of the vB 3.x skins will work in 4.x. The entire stylevars are different. You'll have the default blue, and there are quite a few good 4.x skins out there for download. You'll probably have to hire a pro if you want to try to duplicate what you have presently. It's probably worth exporting this style to a disk somewhere just so that the style values are recorded somewhere.
    Yep, that's what I figured. No big loss with the old Skin as I was going to replace it with something else anyway.

Yep, that's what I figured. No big loss with the old Skin as I was going to replace it with something else anyway.
    Oh! Be sure to preserve any artwork you want to keep (such as the CU logo) before you do the upgrade. These files will be obliterated in the upgrade.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Oh! Be sure to preserve any artwork you want to keep (such as the CU logo) before you do the upgrade. These files will be obliterated in the upgrade.
    Already done. :D

Yes, yes, burn it all down. And install Boobie Skin v.38D when we come back up.

If Ape's password was tragically changed with the new update that wouldn't be so bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yes, yes, burn it all down. And install Boobie Skin v.38D when we come back up.

If Ape's password was tragically changed with the new update that wouldn't be so bad either.
    Hmmmm, would it have nipples?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Will it be a pink and purple skin with butterflies, and flowers, and hearts?