Thread: My Cat is sick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    He is home, still moping around. I noticed a bit more energy, but vet said it may take a while before he's back to himself. He got a shot of antibiotics and will be on a different one for another two weeks. All the blood results came back negative. $594 later, and it's the "flu".

Yahhhhhh!!!!!

Thats great news Hawkgirl!

I mean except for the bill of course. Vets are ... well they are what they are. :o
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    They say cat owners don't take their pets to the Vets as much as dog owners. I must be the exception.

I think my two cats have changed roles. The older, resident cat, was the dominant one when I brought my kitty home. I think the roles have reversed...I don't know if this is a reason, but my older cat is not himself. He has lost considerable weight...I can feel his spinal bones. He was always a fat cat...he's not anymore. He is only about 2 years old. I quarantined him yesterday to the bathroom and gave him his own litter box and canned food and water. He didn't touch any of it. He's lethargic, he moans and never moves from his spot. Very unlike him.

So I made an appt. with the vet and taking him tomorrow. I have no idea what could be wrong.:(
    Hawkgirl, this sounds dreadfully familiar. Last year one of my cats started exhibiting the same behavior. Normally the first to eat and the last to leave(he was a plate cleaner), one day he started doing the same thing. I took him to the vet and after a blood test, it was determined that he was in full on kidney failure. 2 days after that diagnosis(and a futile attempt to get him fluids intravenously), we, sadly, had to put him down. That was exactly 1 year ago. I'm afraid that you're cat is showing the same symptoms as Sammy. I'm truly sorry for this as it's sad to watch.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

He is home, still moping around. I noticed a bit more energy, but vet said it may take a while before he's back to himself. He got a shot of antibiotics and will be on a different one for another two weeks. All the blood results came back negative. $594 later, and it's the "flu".
    I didn't see this before I posted. I hope everything turns out alright and that this is only a kitty flu.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I didn't see this before I posted. I hope everything turns out alright and that this is only a kitty flu.
    I was worried too, was it feline leukemia that caused your cat's kidney failure?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Hope he's doing better now. Wow, SR must be right. I was concerned about our $502 bill from the vet for Bella's surgery, but she had a cyst removed and the big tear sutured, as well as the microchip. It's all worth it if they get better.

Bella must think she's a vet assistant. We have to take her to get the stitches removed Tuesday. But she's already removed most of them on the wound on her side. Luckily it's all healed. She very neatly extracted those threads.

I digress, hope your cat gets better quickly and that it was just the "flu".
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I was worried too, was it feline leukemia that caused your cat's kidney failure?
    Diabetes.

Thanks for all your concern everyone. Looks like Leo the beast is back to himself. Not only eating his food, but trying to steal from his little brother as well.:D

He'll be on oral antibiotics for a bit longer but looks like he's on his way to a full recovery.:D Already jumping up on window sills.

Last edited by Hawkgirl; 02-13-2012 at 01:07 PM.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Glad he's ok!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

That is soo good to hear!

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.