Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    When these people protest, violence does happen. I've read of the kids from that church getting attacked. Far worse than a comic protest. I think these protests should be illegal. We're not talking about simple freedom of speech. We're talking about "speech" which provokes violence.
    Last edited by Lanie; 02-10-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    So go back to them and let the adults talk here. It's obvious that you're WAAAAAY over your head here with the discussions going on that the adults are having.
    I don't see what he said in this thread that's so offensive. Is it really necessary for you all to hijack this thread with your anti-hai stuff? Couldn't you all take it to Thunderdome or something?

Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    Dude,i'm never treated like this on sci fi,guitar,and such forums i'm on.
    This isn't a sci-fi, guitar or entertainment forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    It means he deleted what he was going to say to you...which would have probably hurt your sensitive feelings.

I have no such qualms.

You're a fucking idiot. Stick to the gamer and music forums. You're so far over your head in the grown up part of CU it's pathetic bordering on tragic.
    It wasn't a bad comment. And he's right about Westboro. They will protest anything. They're attention whores.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    When these people protest, violence does happen. I've read of the kids from that church getting attacked. Far worse than a comic protest. I think these protests should be illegal. We're not talking about simple freedom of speech. We're talking about "speech" which provokes violence.
    I disagree with the construct that one who speaks, even offensively, provokes violence. If someone attacks a Phelps child, then the Phelps or anyone onlooker would be justified in shooting the attacker.

Many people misunderstand the "fighting words" doctrine and the point is rather moot since Chaplinsky has been undone in subsequent rulings. The notion of "fighting words" is rather pedestrian as social and legal constructs go. It's a street mentality.

PS- I have never heard of anyone from WBC being physically attacked. Can you remember any of the particulars?

Hopefully the protestors will get the same treatment we gave them in Mississippi, where all cars with Kansas license plates were suddenly blocked in at the motel. And the local police were just "too busy" to help 'em out.:D

Most of the morons never made it out of their hotel parking lot. It seems that certain Rankin county pickup trucks were parked directly behind any car that had Kansas plates in the hotel parking lot and the drivers mysteriously disappeared until after the funeral was over. Police were called but their wrecker service was running behind and it was going to be a few hours before they could tow the trucks so the Kansas plated cars could get out.
    http://thehayride.com/2011/04/westbo...ppi-and-loses/

These people are really, really sick in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I disagree with the construct that one who speaks, even offensively, provokes violence. If someone attacks a Phelps child, then the Phelps or anyone onlooker would be justified in shooting the attacker.

Many people misunderstand the "fighting words" doctrine and the point is rather moot since Chaplinsky has been undone in subsequent rulings. The notion of "fighting words" is rather pedestrian as social and legal constructs go. It's a street mentality.

PS- I have never heard of anyone from WBC being physically attacked. Can you remember any of the particulars?
    I'm not saying that protesting is an excuse to attack. I'm merely saying it happens. I'll find some examples for you. These people do not care about their own family.

Fabulous Poster
    When did the Mormons start protesting at funerals?

Fabulous Poster
    I'm not saying that protesting is an excuse to attack. I'm merely saying it happens. I'll find some examples for you. These people do not care about their own family.
    If someone attacks you for your speech, as he draws back his fist you should draw your weapon.

I don't see what he said in this thread that's so offensive. Is it really necessary for you all to hijack this thread with your anti-hai stuff? Couldn't you all take it to Thunderdome or something?
    Ummm, Hai is the one who attempted to derail this thread, not I. I'd take it to the Thunderdome but I don't fight unarmed people in a battle of wits. If it did go to the Thunderdome it would be a massacre with Hai staring in the role of the 7th Cavalry at the Battle of the Little Bighorn.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf