Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Okay. Any excuse to trash the President of the United States, I suppose. Even if it means denigrating the service of a distinguished soldier.
    No, a reason to question his judgement. Since he's already proven to have extremely questionable judgement, it's well within the bounds to question whether this appointment is any good.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Most of the questions are, why appoint a retired General, when there are so many qualified, and active. Conclusion, it's political.

I would have to look into it further but I am pretty sure the 2nd Cav saw combat in the first Gulf War. Wiki used the word "fought" but it may be that he didn't although it is pretty rude to say someone didn't fight in a war in which he was deployed.
    You only suddenly like him because he's just as big of a yes man to Obama as you are fanboy.

The same things you sneered about where Generals were concerned when Bush was President are now qualities to be admired.

Way to go fanboy.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

How much "Combat experience" do you guys think anyone above company command actually sees? He's reasonably well-qualified on that, and the CENTCOM J3 experience is pretty relevant.

The part I have a problem with is the same thing that made the military sources choke: You only bring back a retired guy because you don't have anyone on the active list able to fill the role, which in a time where we are talking about casing the colors of almost 1/3 of the active component combat brigades, is just fucking impossible.

Okay. Any excuse to trash the President of the United States, I suppose. Even if it means denigrating the service of a distinguished soldier.
    See below.
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    How much "Combat experience" do you guys think anyone above company command actually sees? He's reasonably well-qualified on that, and the CENTCOM J3 experience is pretty relevant.

The part I have a problem with is the same thing that made the military sources choke: You only bring back a retired guy because you don't have anyone on the active list able to fill the role, which in a time where we are talking about casing the colors of almost 1/3 of the active component combat brigades, is just fucking impossible.
    Agreed. It's a slap in the face to all of the other four-stars who would have been extremely effective in command of NATO. This is especially obvious after Obama's firing of GEN McChrystal over comments made by his staffers in a spurious leftist music rag. The message to the chain of command is that politics trumps all else.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post

HOOAH!
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.