Thread: OccuToon...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well, one out of three has something to do with the OP...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Well, one out of three has something to do with the OP...
    Adbusters. Good stuff.

They are also credited with starting the Occupy movement. Although they claim they did not coordinate it.

Here ya go:

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    If only. I am joining that movement right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    If only. I am joining that movement right now.
    How do you propose that barely working oldsters pad their numbers?

(BTW, the DH for the Rangers when the season started last year pretty much carried the team into the World Series)

Adbusters. Good stuff.
    A Soros-funded front is "good stuff"? Hate to see what you consider bad. Oh, wait, that would be Fox. Well, at least I know where you get your anti-Israel stuff from.

They are also credited with starting the Occupy movement. Although they claim they did not coordinate it.

Here ya go:

Yes, OWS stands on a foundation of bull. We know.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

A Soros-funded front is "good stuff"?
    The what?

You need to turn off the Rush. Even Reuters try at proving that was pathetic.

Adbusters is its own gig. Full of weirdos and artists and general freaks. Sort of like any other artist "colony." If you cannot take cultural criticism, you are pretty thin skinned.

Soros! The new Hitler!

Hate to see what you consider bad. Oh, wait, that would be Fox. Well, at least I know where you get your anti-Israel stuff from.
    I will give you credit, at least you didn't call me antisemitic for not loving that nation more than my own.

Yes, OWS stands on a foundation of bull. We know.
    Funny. I never considered the icon of American capitalism in that dual manner. Thanks! I will be using that.

Here's another one for you:

The what?

You need to turn off the Rush. Even Reuters try at proving that was pathetic.
    No doubt Reuters had a hard time Photoshopping the evidence, but the facts are what they are.

Adbusters is its own gig. Full of weirdos and artists and general freaks. Sort of like any other artist "colony." If you cannot take cultural criticism, you are pretty thin skinned.
    Freaks, losers, sociopaths with an ideological fig leaf to cover their failings... The usual OWS crowd. I wouldn't call what they do cultural criticism so much as ranting and raving and working out their parental issues on the national stage.

Soros! The new Hitler!
    No, Soros was happy to do Hitler's bidding, when he helped confiscate Jewish property during the Holocaust, but he's not charismatic enough to front a movement. He's more like the new Richelieu, a corrupt presence behind the various thrones.

I will give you credit, at least you didn't call me antisemitic for not loving that nation more than my own.
    Whereas your veiled insinuation smacks of the dual loyalty canard.

Funny. I never considered the icon of American capitalism in that dual manner. Thanks! I will be using that.
    The icon of American capitalism is the dollar sign, which started as a U superimposed over an S, as in US. A bull is simply one type of investor, one who believes that the market will rise, while a bear believes that it will fall. The terms come from bull/bear fights, which were popular entertainment at the time, as the bull would always seek to gore the bear by pulling its head up, while the bear would try to maul the bull by slapping down on it with its claws. OTOH, the symbol of OWS remains the guy crapping on the police car.

Here's another one for you:

Old Israeli proverb: Success has many fathers, failure is an orphan. The left's abandonment of Mr. Hopeychangey is proof of that.
    --Odysseus

No doubt Reuters had a hard time Photoshopping the evidence, but the facts are what they are.
    Yes. Feel free to make up your own. You are good at that (unlike Reuters, apparently).

Freaks, losers, sociopaths with an ideological fig leaf to cover their failings... The usual OWS crowd. I wouldn't call what they do cultural criticism so much as ranting and raving and working out their parental issues on the national stage.
    Like I said, thin skinned.

No, Soros was happy to do Hitler's bidding, when he helped confiscate Jewish property during the Holocaust, but he's not charismatic enough to front a movement. He's more like the new Richelieu, a corrupt presence behind the various thrones.
    The hate is strong in this one.

Whereas your veiled insinuation smacks of the dual loyalty canard.
    I retract the credit given. It appears I was too hasty.

Still, you got to the last refuge later than some ....

The icon of American capitalism is the dollar sign, which started as a U superimposed over an S, as in US. A bull is simply one type of investor, one who believes that the market will rise, while a bear believes that it will fall. The terms come from bull/bear fights, which were popular entertainment at the time, as the bull would always seek to gore the bear by pulling its head up, while the bear would try to maul the bull by slapping down on it with its claws.
    I should have used "an." Not that it would have made a difference. But if you think that isn't an icon of American capitalism, you are thicker than I thought. Culturally, anyway.

OTOH, the symbol of OWS remains the guy crapping on the police car.
    In some circles of jerk.

Old Israeli proverb: Success has many fathers, failure is an orphan. The left's abandonment of Mr. Hopeychangey is proof of that.
    Which shows how unbelievably clueless you are.

Try reading more instead of looking into mirrors. It will help.

Yes. Feel free to make up your own. You are good at that (unlike Reuters, apparently).
    Nothing to make up. The flow of money from various Soror-funded groups to Ad Busters is well-documented.

Like I said, thin skinned.
    Like I said, "wrong."

The hate is strong in this one.
    The truth is strong, too, but I don't hear you talking about that factual basis of the statement.

I retract the credit given. It appears I was too hasty.

Still, you got to the last refuge later than some ....
    If you want to insinuate that I love Israel more than I do America, then you reap what you sow. Claiming that Jews cannot be loyal citizens of the US (or any other country) due to divided loyalties is an old libel, but still in vogue, apparently.

I should have used "an." Not that it would have made a difference. But if you think that isn't an icon of American capitalism, you are thicker than I thought. Culturally, anyway.
    But since you said "the", I stand by my comment.

In some circles of jerk.
    Nice try. Doesn't change the fact that an OWS member took a dump on a police car. As for it being apropos, what can you say about a gesture that insults lawful authority, reflects a childish fixation with scatological insults and demonstrates poor personal hygiene and potty training, other than that it reflects a movement whose dominant ethos is "I want everything and I want it now!"

Which shows how unbelievably clueless you are.
    Try reading more instead of looking into mirrors. It will help.
    Speaking of the hate being strong...
    The Obama presidency is a failure by every objective measure. The economy remains worse than it was when he took office, his conduct of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq has been feckless and disengaged, his support for our enemies and snubs of our allies have brought our international standing to its lowest ebb since Carter, and his economic program, as demonstrated by his budget proposal, consists of graft for his pals and an utter lack of seriousness about dealing with our mounting debt. He was an empty suit going into the job, and he will be an empty suit when he leaves.
    --Odysseus

If you want to insinuate that I love Israel more than I do America, then you reap what you sow. Claiming that Jews cannot be loyal citizens of the US (or any other country) due to divided loyalties is an old libel, but still in vogue, apparently.
    You have that backward, Ace. The libel is that unless you are completely devoted to Israel, you are antisemitic.

Keep up.

Just kidding on the last. You know that and play the card faster that Sharpton plays his.