Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    OH PLEASE, she had been drinking unbelievably the night before. At 8am the day she died Whitney Houston was knocking back straight whiskey one after the other and chain smoking cigarettes. She could have died from that kind of drinking all by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    OH PLEASE, she had been drinking unbelievably the night before. At 8am the day she died Whitney Houston was knocking back straight whiskey one after the other and chain smoking cigarettes. She could have died from that kind of drinking all by itself.
    Yes, you could drink yourself to death..but I doubt booze was the only culprit in her death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Yes, you could drink yourself to death..but I doubt booze was the only culprit in her death.
    Not in this case at least. With the kind of liquor load she was carrying, an asprin might have done it.

Not in this case at least. With the kind of liquor load she was carrying, an asprin might have done it.
    I suppose we won't know till the tox screen results come back. Reports say she was also popping Xanax. MY POINT is combining drugs and alcohol can lead to death. Are you disputing that??

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I suppose we won't know till the tox screen results come back. Reports say she was also popping Xanax. MY POINT is combining drugs and alcohol can lead to death. Are you disputing that??
    Of course not. It just wasn't a matter of her having a beer and popping a pill.

It may very well have been. I've heard talk that she was found in the tub. It's possible she had a glass or two of wine, or whatever, and taken her prescriptive dose. From everything I've read the two combined effectively shuts your cardiorespiratory system down.

It's very likely that the enhanced effects from the combined drugs may have knocked her out while in the bath and she drowned. She wouldn't have woken like you would expect because of the effects her body was experiencing.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

No, it wasn't a beer, it was, according to your eyewitness and other reports, Xanax and whiskey.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    It may very well have been. I've heard talk that she was found in the tub. It's possible she had a glass or two of wine, or whatever, and taken her prescriptive dose. From everything I've read the two combined effectively shuts your cardiorespiratory system down.

It's very likely that the enhanced effects from the combined drugs may have knocked her out while in the bath and she drowned. She wouldn't have woken like you would expect because of the effects her body was experiencing.
    Exactly, and you don't have to be a hard user to experience adverse effects from alcohol combined with a prescription drug.

At pre Grammy party, clueless Tony Bennett asks music industry to have the government legalize drugs so people can get their drugs from their doctor and not off the street:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXZr79GmrTs

The best part about this video is the out of touch dope saying "First it was Michael Jackson, then Amy Winehouse and now Whitney Houston".

Hey Tony, Jackson and Houston died from drugs they got from their doctor.

Prescription drugs are the leading cause of death in hospitals...and that's not including accidental or non accidental overdoses or medical errors.

Prescription Drugs - Leading Killer in USA

According to information we have received, a statistical study of hospital deaths in the U.S. conducted at the University of Toronto revealed that pharmaceutical drugs kill more people every year than are killed in traffic accidents.

The study is said to show that more than two million American hospitalized patients suffered a serious adverse drug reaction (ADR) within the 12-month period of the study and, of these, over 100,000 died as a result. The researchers found that over 75 per cent of these ADRs were dose-dependent, which suggests they were due to the inherent toxicity of the drugs rather than to allergic reactions.

The data did not include fatal reactions caused by accidental overdoses or errors in administration of the drugs. If these had been included, it is estimated that another 100,000 deaths would be added to the total every year.

http://www.cancure.org/medical_errors.htm