Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I think people need to learn from this...If you've ever taken a prescription medication and had a beer, this could happen to you. I hardly ever drink anymore. Once in a blue moon, I'll have a beer. I got a bottle of Ketel One vodka at a Christmas grab bag and it's hardly been touched. I am also on high blood pressure medication and on a beta blocker for palpitations due to an overactive thyroid. I will still have a beer every once in a while. I notice my heart doesn't like it...so I've virtually eliminated that as well. It's hard to not be able to indulge whenever I want...but life has really changed for me since going on this medication. I have to remind myself not to drink. I'm going to an all-inclusive Caribbean resort in April so it will be tough to not indulge in all the cutesy umbrella drinks. I may have to alternate with the "virgin" drinks:(

This really can happen to anyone. We get overdoses in the ER all the time, most are habitual street drug users, some abuse prescription drugs, and some are just people who had a bad drug/alcohol interaction.
    As you being a health care provider, I respect your wisdom in being cautious with combining alcohol with the blood pressure and heart meds. I never did drink much and drink even less as I take 3 different blood pressure meds and don't want to chance any problems. I had family members (not in the immediate family) who abused alcohol and probably some drugs, so it always frightened me and gave me a great respect for their power to destroy lives. My uncle died from his alcohol addiction and two cousins (his sons) to the same problem.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    At pre Grammy party, clueless Tony Bennett asks music industry to have the government legalize drugs so people can get their drugs from their doctor and not off the street:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXZr79GmrTs

The best part about this video is the out of touch dope saying "First it was Michael Jackson, then Amy Winehouse and now Whitney Houston".

Hey Tony, Jackson and Houston died from drugs they got from their doctor.
    I support Tony's efforts. He should be allowed to smoke, drink, and indulge as many drugs as he desires. Please Tony, enjoy----- No really, really enjoy.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I think people need to learn from this...If you've ever taken a prescription medication and had a beer, this could happen to you. I hardly ever drink anymore. Once in a blue moon, I'll have a beer. I got a bottle of Ketel One vodka at a Christmas grab bag and it's hardly been touched. I am also on high blood pressure medication and on a beta blocker for palpitations due to an overactive thyroid. I will still have a beer every once in a while. I notice my heart doesn't like it...so I've virtually eliminated that as well. It's hard to not be able to indulge whenever I want...but life has really changed for me since going on this medication. I have to remind myself not to drink. I'm going to an all-inclusive Caribbean resort in April so it will be tough to not indulge in all the cutesy umbrella drinks. I may have to alternate with the "virgin" drinks:(

This really can happen to anyone. We get overdoses in the ER all the time, most are habitual street drug users, some abuse prescription drugs, and some are just people who had a bad drug/alcohol interaction.
    Medication have warning labels not to consume alcohol or mix with other drugs. I agree people need to learn from what happened to Whitney Houston.
    Last edited by RedGrouse; 02-17-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGrouse View Post
    Medication have warning labels not to consume alcohol or mix with other drugs. I agree people need to learn from what happened to Whitney Houston.
    Yeah , but I think as a society we are so "over warned" that we don't pay attention to warnings. Besides, everyone knows that a glass of wine or beer makes the Librium go down, Librium go down, Librium go down. Just a shot of Grand Marnier it makes the Librium go down, in the most delightful way. (as long as you remain seated)

John Burri, Father of Fallen Soldier, Burns NJ Flag to Protest Whitney Houston Tribute

"They're watering down the term of what a true hero is these days," John Burri told ABC News. "I thought it was offensive to every family's fallen solider out there, and it cheapens the meaning of lowering the flag."

source
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots