Thread: Singer Whitney Houston has died at age 48, according to her representative.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    RIP Darlin' Niow you can rest.
    And that's the thing. Rest.

I have read all the below the belt punches to the fallen Whitney, and have wondered where the empathy - or even curiosity - is. I wonder if one needs to be a bit older, or maybe a bit more experienced to grasp some understanding of what goes through someone's mind before the state of suicide is reached, even if the suicide is slightly accidental.

There is no rest for depressed people. No sleep, no enjoyment, no satisfaction. While I have never been suicidal, I have dragged through some pretty rough emotional times. A lot of us have. And I can certainly empathize with someone who reached Whitney's state. There was, in her mind, simply nothing else to do.:(

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Wow, I remember her earlier years. She was so talented. RIP.
    And then she met Bobby Brown.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    And then she met Bobby Brown.
    I agree with you 100%, Linda.

That was the beginning of her downfall.

Poor woman, may she finally RIP.

~ ABC

Politically tired.
    :(

Who says she was depressed? She just tied on a good one at the bar before getting ready for the party, went to her room to get ready. Took a few "normal" pills before hopping into the tub. However, relaxants w/ alcohol is no good. One will pass out slide under the water and drown. Happens often. She just maybe f*cked up. If it was not this instance it may have well been any of a hundred more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    Who says she was depressed?
    Anybody with one eye and two brain cells that paid any attention knew she was suffering badly. Up and down like a yo-yo.

Make nice remarks about her chops and then let her be is my view.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    I agree with you 100%, Linda.

That was the beginning of her downfall.

Poor woman, may she finally RIP.

~ ABC
    Dont blame her ex husband, it prolly was a co dependent relationship. In any event he didnt force her to do drugs it was her choice. I hate when someone like her wastes her talent or throws it away for drugs.

Not much different than how Elvis killed himself. She should be given similar treatment. A sad, wasted talent. RIP Whitney. :(
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

They said on the Today show this morning that there was water in her lungs. I don't watch all those crime-science shows, but I always thought that meant the person drowned, even if there were other factors involved. She took some pills, had some drinks then got in the tub and fell asleep.

It's too bad. She had an amazing voice. I feel very badly for her kids.

I don't normally watch award shows, but nothing to do last night, so I watched the Grammy's. I have to say, I got teary eyed when they spoke about her and when Jennifer Hudson sang her song. I can't say I was a fan as I've never purchased her music...but she was always on the radio and I always sang along with her. Her voice was the voice that everyone tried to emulate .She joins the list of talented musicians that have left way too early.