Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Blacks are about 12% of the population which means that they are about 24% of Democratic voters. He couldn't have won with only their votes, but he couldn't have won without their votes.
    I went through this in NYC with Dinkins. Jackson's argument is that people only vote for people who look like themselves, but Obama, like Dinkins, won with support from outside his own ethnic group. He won because people who didn't look like him were willing to vote for him, but that doesn't support the narrative of America as a racist nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    He won because he was offering healthcare reform and to improve the economy with a more hands on method, something people thought they wanted at the time. People ignore the fact that the economy was already in the toilet and that McCain wanted to do more of the same things Bush did, which many people felt was the problem.
    He won because he outspent McCain 5:1, McCain's campaign wouldn't address Obama's radical past or allow others to do it on his behalf, the media abandoned all pretense of objectivity in order to ensure his election, the financial crisis was blamed on Bush (although he had tried to reign in Fannie and Freddie, but was stymied by congressional Democrats, including Obama), his campaigned tarred any criticism as racist, and because people had forgotten what it was like when Democrats held both houses and the White House.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    He won because he outspent McCain 5:1, McCain's campaign wouldn't address Obama's radical past or allow others to do it on his behalf, the media abandoned all pretense of objectivity in order to ensure his election, the financial crisis was blamed on Bush (although he had tried to reign in Fannie and Freddie, but was stymied by congressional Democrats, including Obama), his campaigned tarred any criticism as racist, and because people had forgotten what it was like when Democrats held both houses and the White House.
    You forgot the "it's time" vote. "Whoinahell cares who it is or what he stands for? It's time for a Black President, so let's vote for the Black guy. Now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside."
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Jackson got confused with serial killers. Serial killers only kill within their own race. I watch Criminal Minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    You forgot the "it's time" vote. "Whoinahell cares who it is or what he stands for? It's time for a Black President, so let's vote for the Black guy. Now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside."
    And now it's time to vote him out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Jackson got confused with serial killers. Serial killers only kill within their own race. I watch Criminal Minds.
    Well, Obama has killed more jobs among African-Americans than any other president (with the possible exception of Wilson, who segregated the Civil Service).
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Meh, there are politics in everything.

Personally I don't see much difference between a serial killer and a habitual criminal who has killed multiple people. As if there is some moral superiority to killing someone in the course of a robbery rather than killing someone because she happened to be at 10050 Cielo Drive on a given evening.

Personally I don't see much difference between a serial killer and a habitual criminal who has killed multiple people. As if there is some moral superiority to killing someone in the course of a robbery rather than killing someone because she happened to be at 10050 Cielo Drive on a given evening.
    I don't know, but I'll ask Reid next week. He knows EVERYTHING.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

The Manson Family weren't serial killers.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Question: Does the very fact that Obama is half white and was raised primarily by his white grandparents make no never mind to anyone? That said, it goes to show that with Democrats and liberals, ideology covers up a big swath of an issue like that. This is why they vilify "real" black men like Cain and West.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Originally Posted by Novaheart
    Blacks are about 12% of the population which means that they are about 24% of Democratic voters. He couldn't have won with only their votes, but he couldn't have won without their votes.
    Which also means that Hillary would have had to get two out of every three votes from the rest of the Dems to win even a narrow primary victory. The fact that she came so close to doing that indicates there may be a certain underlying level of disaffection with Obama buried under the veneer of party unity, among the Dem voters who don't base their vote solely on skin color.

Not true! Law and Order had a white serial killer who killed people of darker skin tone. :D
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.