Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 In Case You Don't Think The Media Is Biased Toward The Left... 
    Here is a link to Philly.com which is the online site for the Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News: http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-1...ots-multiplier. On the site, as with all sites, are ads you can click on. The main ad is to raise money for Obama's campaign. Don't see an equivalent ad for any of the Republican candidates. So much for journalism being unbiased.(my apologies if the ad was moved due to some kind of cycle)
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Here is a link to Philly.com which is the online site for the Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News: http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-1...ots-multiplier. On the site, as with all sites, are ads you can click on. The main ad is to raise money for Obama's campaign. Don't see an equivalent ad for any of the Republican candidates. So much for journalism being unbiased.(my apologies if the ad was moved due to some kind of cycle)
    I didn't see any ads at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I didn't see any ads at all.
    Well, it appears as though the ads cycle but to the left of the story.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I've got no problem with bias, there has always been bias in the media, during most of our history newspapers and magazines all had known bias. The problem comes when they try to hide their bias under a veil of "objectivity" that just doesn't exist.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

You mean ads like this, at the top left side?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I've got no problem with bias, there has always been bias in the media, during most of our history newspapers and magazines all had known bias. The problem comes when they try to hide their bias under a veil of "objectivity" that just doesn't exist.
    Fair and balanced?

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Fair and balanced?
    FNC doesn't hide their bias, and tries to be fair in their News segments, doesn't mean that they can't lean one way or the other.

CNN, MSNBC, Networks try to hide it.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Very true. This was looked at extensively in some of the books I've read regarding the Revolutionary War. News Papers at the time were flat out vicious. Almost makes today's look alright.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Very true. This was looked at extensively in some of the books I've read regarding the Revolutionary War. News Papers at the time were flat out vicious. Almost makes today's look alright.
    media was extremely vicious up until recently. Just look at elections between 1800-1900, almost every single one was constant attacks from one side or the other, sometimes both sides. Jackson's wife died from the stress she was under from the 1820 election.

media was extremely vicious up until recently. Just look at elections between 1800-1900, almost every single one was constant attacks from one side or the other, sometimes both sides. Jackson's wife died from the stress she was under from the 1820 election.
    The media didn't have the ability for the people to call bullshit then. One could almost say that the advent of the internet has made them be more honest, to a degree.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.