Results 1 to 10 of 18

Hybrid View

  1. #1 In Case You Don't Think The Media Is Biased Toward The Left... 
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,642
    Here is a link to Philly.com which is the online site for the Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News: http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-1...ots-multiplier. On the site, as with all sites, are ads you can click on. The main ad is to raise money for Obama's campaign. Don't see an equivalent ad for any of the Republican candidates. So much for journalism being unbiased.(my apologies if the ad was moved due to some kind of cycle)
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Here is a link to Philly.com which is the online site for the Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News: http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-1...ots-multiplier. On the site, as with all sites, are ads you can click on. The main ad is to raise money for Obama's campaign. Don't see an equivalent ad for any of the Republican candidates. So much for journalism being unbiased.(my apologies if the ad was moved due to some kind of cycle)
    I didn't see any ads at all.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I didn't see any ads at all.
    Well, it appears as though the ads cycle but to the left of the story.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    I've got no problem with bias, there has always been bias in the media, during most of our history newspapers and magazines all had known bias. The problem comes when they try to hide their bias under a veil of "objectivity" that just doesn't exist.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member Janice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    2,809


    You mean ads like this, at the top left side?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    8,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post

    Hmm, my wife has been asking me that a lot lately. Weird.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I've got no problem with bias, there has always been bias in the media, during most of our history newspapers and magazines all had known bias. The problem comes when they try to hide their bias under a veil of "objectivity" that just doesn't exist.
    Fair and balanced?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Fair and balanced?
    FNC doesn't hide their bias, and tries to be fair in their News segments, doesn't mean that they can't lean one way or the other.

    CNN, MSNBC, Networks try to hide it.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,080
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I've got no problem with bias, there has always been bias in the media, during most of our history newspapers and magazines all had known bias. The problem comes when they try to hide their bias under a veil of "objectivity" that just doesn't exist.
    Very true. This was looked at extensively in some of the books I've read regarding the Revolutionary War. News Papers at the time were flat out vicious. Almost makes today's look alright.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Very true. This was looked at extensively in some of the books I've read regarding the Revolutionary War. News Papers at the time were flat out vicious. Almost makes today's look alright.
    media was extremely vicious up until recently. Just look at elections between 1800-1900, almost every single one was constant attacks from one side or the other, sometimes both sides. Jackson's wife died from the stress she was under from the 1820 election.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •