Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    The media didn't have the ability for the people to call bullshit then. One could almost say that the advent of the internet has made them be more honest, to a degree.
    no, but they would call bullshit on each other, I think it was a little more fair/honest overall then overall
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    no, but they would call bullshit on each other, I think it was a little more fair/honest overall then overall
    Maybe. If they weren't all on the populist band wagon.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

FNC doesn't hide their bias, and tries to be fair in their News segments, doesn't mean that they can't lean one way or the other.

CNN, MSNBC, Networks try to hide it.
    See, that's the problem. To people like yoyo there the media has to be 100% leftist.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

The media has a "social" stance toward the left....so yes the media can be said to have a left wing bias. But the most serious and real media bias is toward the establishmenet. They don't give a crap who it is as long as they are paying the bills.

Follow the money.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

FNC doesn't hide their bias, and tries to be fair in their News segments, doesn't mean that they can't lean one way or the other.

CNN, MSNBC, Networks try to hide it.
    He's a lefty. he knows this but he tries to hide his hero's warts behind any veneer of leftist B.S. that he can. Pathetic really.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    The media has a "social" stance toward the left....so yes the media can be said to have a left wing bias. But the most serious and real media bias is toward the establishmenet. They don't give a crap who it is as long as they are paying the bills.

Follow the money.
    As Carlin said, it is the bulletin board of the ruling class.

I do find it awesome how effectively they have bifurcated the citizens of this nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    As Carlin said, it is the bulletin board of the ruling class.

I do find it awesome how effectively they have bifurcated the citizens of this nation.
    I know, right? Until the leftist media was challenged through more balanced reporting by right wing sources, they were able to shovel their S*** down our throats unimpeded by truth. Now they have competition and their lies have to be more cleverly packaged and those lies are routinely destroyed by those dastardly villains who dare to stray from the herd.

Things were much better before those lies were uncovered. Oh those glorious days of yesteryear when people from all walks held hands and sang Coke commercials. How I long for those halcyon days and the comfort of those blankets of unopposed lies.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post

Hmm, my wife has been asking me that a lot lately. Weird.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)